Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Ice cube head texture
Made in gimp, work in progress

visual content

I know the hair is badly mapped but im too lazy to fix it right now.
CnC welcome.
I feel like the upper lip should be a bit darker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
overall this is a nice head but i have a few things id like to provide advice for.
1. it feels blurry around the eyes, nose, and ears try a hard brush in those areas.
2. try alittle more shading around the nose eyes and the sides of the face for alittle more depth.
3.try adding reds or yellows or even blue tones to the face to give it a more of an alive feel.

i personaly feel the hair is fine thou looks good
the mapping overall it great
keep up the good work i hope something i said helps :3
I still take texture requests for usd
pretty good start, You just need some concepts more to get a better result.
To start the proportions are off, take a look at my approach making ice cube head.

almost correct, the purple lines are the measurement of the proportions.
For this I got a front look ref and made lines where the eyebrows are, the nose place ,the jaw and the mouth.I personally measure all by eyes size, thats not the only way, You can make like the image or any way you feel comfortable with.

the hair mapping is okay, You did a quite well texture for the hair. you just to take care with distortions, overall good.

the shading you did is too blurry, I cant see well the form you meant to do.
eyes are not in realistic shape and the eyelids are not there.
The mouth is just poping out like it is not in the face, just looks like it is in front of the real mouth.

I feel the anger a little, but the eyebrows dont follow this feeling, try to distort the eyebrows more to a angry face.

You are promising just need more practice, just keep doing heads.
Last edited by dengue; Nov 4, 2014 at 02:51 AM.