Toribash
Original Post
NVLDDMKM.SY_ FIX!
Id hope that the admin of the forum admires my work
After lots of study into the Nvidia drivers i found that they seem to crash a lot because of a single file called
nvlddmkm.sy_ < this is the culprit of games crashing on vista.
Here is the fix:
Go to C: drive and there should be a folder marked NVIDIA this folder contains all Nvidia folders files etc just in case a rollback of the drivers is needed.
Now delete this folder containing all of the files meant for rollback. If you dont believe me make a backup of the folder then delete it from the C drive restart.
IT DOES NOT HARM ANY OTHER PART OF THE PC, i have opened many games, apps you name it, from toribash to Crysis, from Vista Aero to Photoshop. Just in case make a backup of the file onto a disk or thumbdrive.
If the deleting files does effect your pc just replace the backup files where they where. Hope i helped alot of people because it helped me.
For ATI/AMD drivers this might be similar i do not know give it a go if there is anything similar.
Happy gaming
PAPA600
NEW FINDINGS!!!
I have now found that in assistance to deleting those files download the latest motherboard driver updates. Causes i have found are in motherboard issues as well as video card crashing caused by the motherboard. New drivers fix issues with the motherboard therefore getting rid of the crashing.
thankyou also happy gaming once again
PAPA600
Last edited by PAPA600; Jul 11, 2008 at 07:09 AM.
Well, good job PAPA600. But, I think you should post a video to show us that it doesn't harm any other part of the PC.
Gone
thats a good idea, thing is if you do get rid of anything you are not supposed to vista still runs normally, there is other sites to show that it doesn't do anything other than fix the driver crashing, Note that the driver has a .sys file in the windows file also i haven't removed that and toribash and each other program seems to work fine, even when i open nvidia control panel all settings etc work, even Ntune works fine, the driver still does have a random crash every now and then but nothing to severely hinder gaming time in toribash, so far iv been playing without the nvidia folders for 3 days, the game has only conked out 3 times out of the many hours i actually do spend playing it.
2 sites that also may help anyone with the same problem, the first one helped me.
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t38941.html
http://nvlddmkm.allofyourquestionsanswered.com/
in addition iv added new findings into the original post up top...turns out motherboard causes the issue too
Last edited by PAPA600; Jul 11, 2008 at 07:20 AM.