Toribash
Original Post
Heroes of Newerth - Because fuck DOTA and League

HoN is essentially a clone of the original DOTA. It's a lot less forgiving than DOTA 2 or LoL is, but I feel like that also makes it more rewarding. It's a bit more fast-paced as well. I can't really explain what I mean by fast-paced, as it's generally the same mechanics, you'd have to play them both and see for yourself, videos don't do it justice.

Fucking educate yourselves.
-Youtube
-Wiki

We used to have a few HoN players on TB but I'm not sure if there's any left other than me. If this thread pisses out, that's okay. If not that's okay too. It's a good game but there's a huge learning curve so don't expect to hop on and kick ass on your first day.

Frequent Players

KiTFoX - Pubdumpster
Chac - noobmoaz
Rittu - rittuguy
Hyde - Hydesdelca
Toon - Apacro
Note - Eshad
Hlmaster - UncleRET
Last edited by KiTFoX; Jun 12, 2014 at 02:31 PM.
Does playing LoL for quite some time have any effect on your starting skills, would you be better off than a complete noob to MOBA's?

Also, if I decide to download, would you share your username?

I don't have time for looking up usernames, sir.

Fuck that.
goodbye cruel world
starting a list in the OP which is currently just my ID (Pubdumpster)

yeah Dota/LoL are a good base. Like I said it's a dota clone so any dota/lol experience is going to transfer. be cautious because "less forgiving than dota/lol" is a huge understatement.
HoN still exists?

Also, what do you mean by less forgiving? Dota 2 is a whole lot less forgiving than LoL, so anything less forgiving than Dota 2 is pretty unimaginable to me
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
HoN still exists?

KiTFoX still exists?

Ontopic: Why would I want to play this over LoL? (serious question, I'm curious) besides being "more rewarding"
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Played it a bit before, but the lack of controls and scripting really sucked.

I mean, every game you have to manually bind courier? Wtf is with that!
No ability to script things as far as I know - for example having a button toggle between your hero and the courier.

If they fixed this stuff I'd give it a shot again, I haven't been keeping up with patches so if they have please say so!
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I played it before dota2, great game, sad thing S2 is shit.(also the "fast pace" is only due to the faster turn rates every hero has, in case anyone is wondering)
Σ
Some of the champions in HoN were really interesting, probably my favorite part was some of the design concepts.

Example: The Puppet Master was a cool carry with interesting CC. I mained Ophelia, who was a jungler that micro'd units with their own individual spells and auras.

By less forgiving I'm assuming he means once you get behind it's hard to get it back. One power up spawns every 2 minutes randomly on either the left or right side of river that could give you things like double auto attack damage, full health, or even invisibility. Some champions were viable mid (or not) based on the merit of securing the power up.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Played it since beta but stopped playing a year ago because S2 is ruining this game, it was much better in the beta than what it is now which is not something that should happen in a game. So many new shitty heroes and bad balance, bad updates and bad skill reworks. New hero every 2 weeks? comon.. Also before they updated matchmaking to find a match was really quick, but now there are too many options to veto so the que time shoots through the roof. Community is cancer too. Still prefer it over dota and LoL tho.