Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Small Ring Fight
My friend (Screen Name: TacCom) and I stayed up creating a mod that focuses on throwing your opponent out of the dojo.. Your objective is to keep a firm footing in the dojo by any means necessary so unlike aikido there's no DQ inside the dojo.

Have Fun

Settings just so people can see what it's all about:
# Mod by DoubleDagR and TacCom
gamerule
gravity 0 0 -30
dismemberthreshold 325
fracturethreshold 200
dojotype 1
dojosize 225
matchframes 300
turnframes 10
engagedistance 80
flags 10
Last edited by siku; Jun 19, 2009 at 07:14 PM.
/set gr 0 0 -30
Originally Posted by dethreaper View Post
this would be so easy to shovel in. o.o

oh, well. looks cool

Because of the turnframes & no DQ it's not as easy as you might think
/set gr 0 0 -30
sounds sorta like borba... except that you have strange timeframes. these games will take forever.

i dunno what the gameplay will be like, i still have to try it in-game.

also: shouldn't this be in the custom gametypes thread?
- its been a while
Originally Posted by blkk View Post
sounds sorta like borba... except that you have strange timeframes. these games will take forever.

i dunno what the gameplay will be like, i still have to try it in-game.

also: shouldn't this be in the custom gametypes thread?

Unlike borba, there's grabs... gameplay is like aikido kind of.. except that you have more control imo.. games don't take too long unless you're impatient custom gametypes thread? possibly except that I don't want to type in all this crap every time I want to play this mod....... apparently theres a way to load this data from text files I'm still looking into
/set gr 0 0 -30
Originally Posted by DoubleDagR View Post
Because of the turnframes & no DQ it's not as easy as you might think

how is no dq inside the ring gunna stop shoveling?!?!

its the fact that the dojo is small that makes it easy to shovel in. -_-
poo
Originally Posted by dethreaper View Post
how is no dq inside the ring gunna stop shoveling?!?!

its the fact that the dojo is small that makes it easy to shovel in. -_-

Oh so you're the shovel master clearly..... dude there's way to get around a shovel so don't act like a shovel is the greatest thing in the planet.. yeah, shoveling works sometimes.... we know this....... get over it. A shovel is a throw technique anyways and that's what this whole mod is about... pushing your opponent out of the dojo by any means necessary, so if shoveling is your thing then go right ahead... I never said it was going to "stop shoveling".. I just said it's not as easy as you might think..
/set gr 0 0 -30
shovels? bah... their easy to get around of... ill post i move that works by avoiding the kick later if you REALLY want me too, (but thats sorta offtopic).

i dont think shoveling will ruin this gametype, you just have to adapt to the opponents style.
- its been a while