Toribash
Original Post
Shigechio - [Replay Thread]
Welcome to my Replay thread guys.
Just started replaymaking so I'm a bit rusty.
Please cnc every replay if you can and tell me what I could do to improve.

I'll start with these two.
Attached Files
Shigechio - Arm Rip.rpl (24.8 KB, 28 views)
Shigechio - Whoreman.rpl (68.5 KB, 29 views)

Arm Rip: Opener was pretty bad, try to refrain from using openers that involve the things you did with that replay. First hit did not look too good either, it did not flow at all, and it was only a single DM. Now, I'm not saying single DMs are bad, but usually people like to see 2+ DMs in one kick/punch/other.

The pose -- wait, there is no pose! You should probably add one.

4/10 for this one, keep on working on that flow.

Whoreman: Well, the opener -- still, bad. First kick was considerably better, and it set you up for more hits. The grab DM...urgh. Didn't look very good, and you could've god a 2+ hit if you messed with your chest and arm.
While you were throwing Uke's arm away, you lost your hand. Could've prevented that by ungrabbing at frame 859. The decap was okay, gravity took care of that for you. Only problems after that were you didn't pose, AGAIN. You chased Uke's head and then flailed around. Not very good. You should have just posed after the decap, and it would've been a decent replay.

5/10, there was a better kick/transition.

Keep on trying. You'll get better. Now, go check my MP thread and SP thread, pl0x.
ugly
Thanks Grade.

Openers are my weakest point. I really need to work on those so I can get better results. Posing is another thing I need to develop.

I'll check your replays as soon as I get back on my laptop :P

Shig you gotta make them more explosive and movemenst have to flow you know. Mix up your joints alittle, you need more movement.
[Hunters]
Im not pro my self but when your doing splits and single rips they look a littile boring.You want to put more boom hits in and stuff
Elbow Rip: Not sure why you moved Uke, but the opener could have been good. It looked fast.
The elbow rip was a bit bland and on top of it you shoved his arm into your face.
Just saying, but some people complain about grab dms. I personally don't care, but I think it's up to you.

Kick Split: I'd refrain from extending your abs for too long unless you know what you're doing.
The hit was clean but the setup was very classic and generic. You might want to create your own stuff, don't be afraid of falling to the ground. If you do, push yourself into Uke with your legs and arms and hit the shit out of him.
Oh wow! A pose!
oh yeah
The opener was a bit akward, but the first hit wasn't bad at all. It could have even been a split.
The transition to the second hit was a bit slow, but the second hit itself was actually nice. Maybe if you edit it you get a decap.
If you ungrab right after the hit, you can make it with your wrist still attached to your arm.
oh yeah