Toribash
Original Post
Toribash won't run.
I have taken a break from Toribash for a few months, and now I can't run any version of Toribash. I've been able to run my old versions on this very computer before, but now I can't.

When I run the executable it appears in the processes, but no window appears. The stderr.txt and all the other logs are empty, so there's not really much to go on.

Thanks for the help
Originally Posted by claxor View Post
I have taken a break from Toribash for a few months, and now I can't run any version of Toribash. I've been able to run my old versions on this very computer before, but now I can't.

When I run the executable it appears in the processes, but no window appears. The stderr.txt and all the other logs are empty, so there's not really much to go on.

Thanks for the help

Hi Claxor, welcome back !

Did you make a clean installation ? (To a non-existing or empty folder)

Can you post your system specs and what anti-virus software you are using ?

Thanks
Yeah, I did a clean installation.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
And my card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

All drivers are up to date.

I'm running CounterSpy
Are you using windows vista ? if so, make sure you updated the graphics card drivers from nvidia's website, and not with the windows update.

Try running tb.exe from the Toribash folder, is there anything different ? stderr.txt ?
I tested some old versions of Toribash, and 2.3 (and versions before) still work. However, 2.8 doesn't, atleast it didn't the last time I tried, a few weeks ago (I deleted it for some reason :/)
Last edited by claxor; May 1, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
No help.
However, interestingly, there was no SLD.dll before I added the one you gave me, so maybe DLLs are missing.

Here's a list of all the files in the main folder:

autoupdate.log
default.cfg
FAQ.txt
glut32.dll
libcharset1.dll
libcurl.dll
libiconv2.dll
libintl3.dll
lua5.1.dll
manual.txt
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
ode.dll
README.txt
SDL.dll
SDL_mixer.dll
SDL_ttf.dll
servers.txt
stderr.txt
stdout.txt
tb.exe
tb_run.log
toribash.exe
Toribash_Wide.lnk
unins000.dat
unins000.exe

If someone would mind posting what DLL files they have in their folder, I'd be grateful.
Originally Posted by Stilf View Post
It's SLD.dll , it's SDL.dll (which you had)

It still doesn't work after you added the file ?

Yeah, I meant SDL.dll. There was no SDL.dll before I added the new one.

And no, it doesn't work.