Ranking
Original Post
Every time I open Toribash it crashes
Hey guys, that problem started since Toribash 3.98-3.99(not sure which one), so when I open the game it crashes and because of that I need to restart the game about 3-5 times or more to make it work normally, but the funniest thing about that is, when the game opens without crashing I can play in maximum quality (including RT) at about 63 fps without lags.

Here's my pc specs:

Big images

I also tried putting the graphics at minimum quality (without shaders) but it still crashing when I open the game.

Game crashing in minimum graphics

And look what happen when the game opens normally:

OMG, Maximum graphics with RT at 63 fps

Just to clarify, All my drivers are up to date, and I've already tried all the stuff posted here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214180

What else can I do? :<

Cheers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Jarmund>puta keppario
Cogito ergo sum
Ex-Tori Agent | OBT Member | [Reaper] | A.k.a. void/prada
Sounds like you've got a bad VC file, or possibly something else going wrong with the OS iteself.

First thing to try - reinstall the Visual C++ runtime files.

Second thing - give an older driver a go. The latest ATI ones are pretty broke (12.6 is the last fully working one, 12.3 is also a working one) & Nvidia aren't doing much better TBH.
Obviously isn't an Intel since it'd be crashing on specific things rather than randomly.

Last thing to try (I advise you backup anything important before doing this)

Open a command prompt as admin.
start -> accessories -> right click "command prompt" & select run as administrator
Then type (and press enter of course)
SFC /SCANNOW

That'll check over all your system files & if possible it'll fix any screwed up ones.
If it tells you it can't fix something then the OS is beyond repair & needs reinstalled, though I doubt it'll be anything that serious.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
1º When I try to re-install Visual C++ it says that I'm not able to do that since I have the newest version of it.

2º Downloaded the 12.6 one but it still crashing.

3º It says that my OS has no problems to be fixed

Thanks for the reply though, any other ideas? D:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Jarmund>puta keppario
Cogito ergo sum
OH OH OH OH! I deserve a slap for not noticing... i3 550, it's got wanky Intel graphics built into the chip...

I know you're already thinking "but I have an ATI card" but there's a "but".

The ATI/AMD drivers know there's a second GPU & somewhere in Catalyst you'll find various settings for the "high performance GPU" and whatever it calls the Intel piece of shit. Basically you need to force it to use the ATI (the one it calls "high performance") for everything, and you'll need to set a game profile for Toribash so it knows to never use the Intel.

It's sorta like that Nvidia Optimus nonsense, cept ATI/AMD decided desktops should get in on the action too. :|

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I searched all Catalyst's options but I can't find that option to switch the graphics :s
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Jarmund>puta keppario
Cogito ergo sum