Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
What's a shovel
So yeah.. I started playing aikido about last week and sometimes people were like lol shovel nub
Well can anyone explain me what exactly it is so I don't use it?
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
A shovel is where on the first turn in aikido, you lower your arms first, contract pecs, then on the second turn, you lift your arms and shove them out the ring, hence the name "shovel"
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
So only that particular move is called a shovel or like every move that throws the opponent out of the ring? Because that's what people were accusing me of...
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
Ignore them, but a shovel is a "beginner move".

A basic lift then push, Everybody hates anybody that does it :|

A shovel can be avoided easily if you know your way around.
holla holla get dolla
just try not to lift your enemy with your arms
try other opener moves at single player, smth like a kick
Proud leader of KiLa, an official clan.
R.I.P. Boris
The shovel is a common move used by ppl that are unexperienced on the mod aikido.

it consists in sending the oponnent outside the dojo by using a simetrical lift where you contract gluts and lower shoulders on first turn and then to the oposit on the second.

the move is very basic and its no fun to play against.

Also throwing your enemy outside the dojo can or not be a shovel. If your pushed outside with a kick + lift that would be a shovel.
if you counter a move by lifting your enemy and then you put him outside its not a shovel

to counter a shovel you should lower your arms too but play in relax. also contracting your knees on first turn + lowering the arms is very good as in the second turn you end up getting a better posion allowing you to counter it

also you can contract your wrists and extend pecs and elbows and raise the shoulders to avoid shovels if your hands are together with the oponnent. it makes your oponnent loose the flow and take the feet from the ground

for moves you shouldnt kick like big daniel says. the kick will end up being a variation of the shovel as it only makes you take the feet fromt he ground in order to be pushed. best way to play in aikido is to do a relaxed noobclap and then go from there.
It's Mr.AkumaBeast for you! oh and...
Check my inventory if you wish to buy flames.
A shovel has never officialy been given a definition, but most people refer it to "lower arms at first turn, then push".

Shovels for some people is, like Craved said, a beginners move or annoying move. Annoying moves can be for example where you lowgrab your opponent to get pushpower on him. It is indeed possible to counter lowgrabs, but it requires another sort of skill than normal suplex.

A kick is also a move that some people classifies as annoying because mostly kicks are meant to lift out the opponent rather than countering him.

Overthrows are for me, a good example of a skillful moves because you move your opponent over yourself and try to dq him on the side that is behind you rather than trying to lift/push him out of the side he is at. To make a overthrow you first need to come close to the opponent and manage to pull him out of balance. Chest and glutes are often good to use when trying to do overthrows.

The least nooby thing in my opinion, must be counters, as long as you don't lift your opponent high up in the sky when countering.
It's like a type of noob clap(when you just push pecs together) mixed with you lifting with youre legs. The reason why people dislike it so much is it's hard to counter(if you don't know how to), its simple, and its kind of annoying
I am a terrible person :(
You are diggint the oponnent, with a result to throw him of the game. And he DQ's and you win, etc. etc.
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU