Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[ART] X-mas ornament
So for a few days now I've been trying to get into pixel art. I suppose I'm not too bad, for rushing into it without looking up anything about it. Comments on how I can improve would be great.

Whoa, thats pretty big for pixel art.
Usually, I like making small pixel pictures because it's alot easier than big pics.
It would be a little better if you mixed the red and pink a little in the middle so they
blend, and the shape could use some work, but good effort! 6/10
'°o[Ethr♥][My Music][B.A.W.S.]o°'
#Team@#w#@
Originally Posted by Quake View Post
So for a few days now I've been trying to get into pixel art. I suppose I'm not too bad, for rushing into it without looking up anything about it. Comments on how I can improve would be great.

Here we go.

1. Most Christmas ornaments are circular, while yours is an oval. But I guess that's not really important.
2. The black handle thingy varies in thickness, and it doesn't seem to curve well. It's also quite jagged (as is the rest if the image, now that I think about it).
3. As Rexoa mentioned, it is a bit big. That wouldn't be a problem if it had lots of detail, but right now, there's just too much empty space. Either make it smaller, or add detail.
4. One bright blob does not count as adequate shading (especially because you only attempted to shade the ball, not the handle or anything).

Shook's tutorial is quite helpul, too.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=119235
It covers every problem that I pointed out.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh.
Re: [ART] X-mas ornament
Originally Posted by supahninja View Post
Here we go.

1. Most Christmas ornaments are circular, while yours is an oval. But I guess that's not really important.
2. The black handle thingy varies in thickness, and it doesn't seem to curve well. It's also quite jagged (as is the rest if the image, now that I think about it).
3. As Rexoa mentioned, it is a bit big. That wouldn't be a problem if it had lots of detail, but right now, there's just too much empty space. Either make it smaller, or add detail.
4. One bright blob does not count as adequate shading (especially because you only attempted to shade the ball, not the handle or anything).

Shook's tutorial is quite helpul, too.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=119235
It covers every problem that I pointed out.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh.

Thanks, this was actually what I was looking for. I'll try fixing the things you pointed out, and check out that tutorial.
It doesn't look that great, more like a bomb. The part that hangs on the tree doesn't look like a normal ornament, that may be the problem. Another problem is the lack of shading, but Shook's tutorial should cover that.