Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] Medieval Helmet WIP
HiHi, I'm starting to try my hand in texture making, mostly GIMP. I'm pretty new to it, and this is my first serious head.

Please note, I'm not finished, I will add detail, something on the back, ect., but any CnC is greatly appreciated.
ಠ_ರೃ - "Quite so, good sir."
Please send me the .psd of this head.
This seems too similar to a head Pate5 made for a request.
I bought a subscription to Wibbles so I think this quote is necessary,
"Be careful when gazing into the void, for it gazes back"
Originally Posted by lilmali97 View Post
Please send me the .psd of this head.
This seems too similar to a head Pate5 made for a request.

A .psd? Is that like the Gimp file for images? I'll send one right over.

Edit: How does one send a file like that? Can it be sent like a regular image?
Last edited by Airman111; Jun 2, 2011 at 04:31 AM.
yes, a .psd is a file where you can save an image as layers and continue later, Gimp can save .psd's also.
and use this to upload it
http://www.mediafire.com/

Pm them to me

edit:

Okay, you did it yourself, I was just doing my job my friend, keep up the good work.
Last edited by lilmali97; Jun 2, 2011 at 04:44 AM.
I bought a subscription to Wibbles so I think this quote is necessary,
"Be careful when gazing into the void, for it gazes back"
Originally Posted by lilmali97 View Post
edit:

Okay, you did it yourself, I was just doing my job my friend, keep up the good work.

It's all good, I understand that there are people who would try and steal textures.

On a different note, I've made a small update, and added a feather plume to the back of the head.

Again, CnC is appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed the plume's shadow.
Last edited by Airman111; Jun 2, 2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Updates
Not bad for a beginner texture artist...good shading however u gotta watch the seam in the back that is made when two different shades collide. Make sure the edges of your flat at the same color so it flows around the back. To me the plume looks a little strange and kinda like hair...I really have no suggestions on how to fix that other than to replace it with like a metal piece of some kind. Other than that this is very nice for beginner work just needs more detail (which will come in time so just don't worry about it on this head) keep practicing and experimenting with new styles and features in GIMP and keep up the good work man ;)
Cannon Penis