Toribash
Original Post
Mods Not Working?
I uploaded about 5 mods for release in the past 24 hours, but for some reason they don't work? They work fine in single player, but when myself or other people try to use them they are uber bugged?

I know its not anything to do with the coding of the mod.

I posted this in the support forumc ause I think it is a bug, rather than a problem with the mod themselves? (And no one really looks at the mod thread questions with severe dedication to solve the problem. *coughskulfukcough*)

The mods are:

crouchingtiger.tbm
crouchingtigerkatana.tb
shaolinmonks.tbm
shaolinsumo.tbm
shaolinbostaff.tbm
shaolintwinswords.tbm

For the first few hours they were released I couldn't get them to work, and some users didn't have the mod listed on their list. So I waited til today and now all the people that were in the room said they had the mod, but when myself, or they tried to upload it, it would just go to what appeared to be a classic game, with the timer moving VERY slow.

After the first turn was over, on turn 2 the players would teleport to the mod's starting position, but the environmental objects did not appear... =(

Solutions I tried: I tried going to the torimod tab and redownloading them and replacing them, still nothing. I haven't tried reinstalling toribash, cause I am not the only person with the problem.
Last edited by LadyDEATH; Feb 18, 2009 at 09:43 PM.
(Hive people only, haha!)
The first thing i'd ask you to do is post the stderr output (it should be in your toribash root directory) That usually has piles of helpfull info for anyone trying to debug your problem.
failed to load texture data/textures//menu
parse_mod_cmd no op found dismember 1
parse_mod_cmd no op found dismember 1

Thats all that was in my stderr
Give Skazz a poke on IRC. He'll be able to help with anything to do with mods.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I triple checked every single one of those mods, and there's nothing wrong with them. Perfect syntax, no bugged features used.
They worked fine when I tested them before approval, and they still do in single player.

... which means I'm puzzled also.
The thing is, even if I remove them, you won't be able to reupload them with the same filename.
I'll upload one under a mock filename and see if it works. Will get back to you soon.
-EDIT-
Well, this is a surprise... Didn't work either. I'll poke around a bit more, with a little luck I might be able to figure out the problem.
Last edited by Skazz; Feb 20, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Yeah I'm totally puzzled. Maybe its something with my toribash client that I created them on? Or maybe the TBM is corrupt? Hrm... maybe copy and paste the code into a new notepad, save it as TBM on your comp and then upload it? I might have converted it to TBM wrong...
If the files were corrupt, I'd have noticed. I checked the ones you uploaded to torimods. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with them.

I've got a dinner appointment in an hour, so I won't have time to test them for ~6-8 hours. Please bear with me until then.
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
360ChestBlender.tbm also doesnt work for me. i get no message. toribash just shuts down. i can run any other mods though and i can open toribash again after the crash as well. not such a huge bug, i just want to explore this mod
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count