Ranking
Original Post
[vid] overedit 4
Yeah.
Not really a overedit but its something.

Soft: Sony Vegas 10 Pro, Fraps.
Music:
Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)
And some other song. Can't remember the name.
Monster or something I guess.
M I N I V A N
What was I watching?
I'm really unable to identify what on earth this is supposed to be.
Looks like you put some footage on vegas and slapped every single effect you could find onto it.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a frag video or what, it looks like the beginning is from a video game of sorts. I find it hard to recognise what it is. Well you know, with the tons of bloom, unfitting color grading, terrible unsynched frameskipping, unsmooth slow motion and brightness/contrast rape. Not only that, but then there's clip from a cartoon for the rest of the 12 seconds of the song. What? No, but seriously. What on earth is this. Did you have a hard time deciding what you wanted to make? Looks like that to me. There seems to be some footage from a videogame afterwards, again hard to tell due to the list of things I noted before still being there. Very rough transition between the two songs, didn't like that. Then you use that unfitting frameskipping again, making it even harder for me to identify what exactly I'm watching. Not to mention the terrible video quality, with huge borders and effects that overlap said borders. Let me repeat that, your effects are overlapping the borders(this is not a good thing). And again with the brightness and contrast violating, really hard to see what the actual fuck is going on. Color grading and correction is just so incredibly bad, especially as you change it through each frameskip. Even more random unfitting effects, but now with the mask tool :o:o:o:o:o:o. Then to end it all with a 2d explosion coming out of nowhere. Wow, just wow.

Are you even trying!? Don't you have some standards to follow or something?
0.5/10 For your own sake, I genuinely hope this is some kind of a joke.
Last edited by Ostakex; Mar 10, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Ostakex View Post
What was I watching?
I'm really unable to identify what on earth this is supposed to be.
Looks like you put some footage on vegas and slapped every single effect you could find onto it.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a frag video or what, it looks like the beginning is from a video game of sorts. I find it hard to recognise what it is. Well you know, with the tons of bloom, unfitting color grading, terrible unsynched frameskipping, unsmooth slow motion and brightness/contrast rape. Not only that, but then there's clip from a cartoon for the rest of the 12 seconds of the song. What? No, but seriously. What on earth is this. Did you have a hard time deciding what you wanted to make? Looks like that to me. There seems to be some footage from a videogame afterwards, again hard to tell due to the list of things I noted before still being there. Very rough transition between the two songs, didn't like that. Then you use that unfitting frameskipping again, making it even harder for me to identify what exactly I'm watching. Not to mention the terrible video quality, with huge borders and effects that overlap said borders. Let me repeat that, your effects are overlapping the borders(this is not a good thing). And again with the brightness and contrast violating, really hard to see what the actual fuck is going on. Color grading and correction is just so incredibly bad, especially as you change it through each frameskip. Even more random unfitting effects, but now with the mask tool :o:o:o:o:o:o. Then to end it all with a 2d explosion coming out of nowhere. Wow, just wow.

Are you even trying!? Don't you have some standards to follow or something?
0.5/10 For your own sake, I genuinely hope this is some kind of a joke.

WOW!
Daym dude, do you think Im a fucking movie editor like the Rambo editors or what!?
NO!
Do you think I can make all fucking shit in the world? NO!
And why did the borders fuck, because they wanted to. Problem?
And if you think the slow-mo is unsmooth then you have some clear eye problems. What the fuck can be used other then Twixtor? Want me to just slow it down? Oh thats makes it much smoother, lagging and shit.
And the CC's. There ain't alot of colore corrections out there that is actally fitting with the video, but I think I found the most used CC for this map.
Called MBL, presets. Ever heard of that?

Stop being suck a negative person.
You are just giving posetive Cnc to the peoples you know had experience of editing for a long time.
Actually I don't care about you anymore.
You are just giving negative CnC... ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

Just get out!
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
Do you think I can make all fucking shit in the world? NO!

You should be able to manage making a good video though.
Originally Posted by HOURS View Post
What the fuck can be used other then Twixtor?

A better computer? Less slow motion?
You can even try one of the things I've mentioned before on the topic of Twixtor.
There's also another way, which I don't think is possible in the current version of toribash but whatever. You simply record once at normal speed with normal fps, then record another set of footage at a much slower speed. Insert both into your editing program, lower the opacity on one of the clips and synchronize them together by speeding up the slowed one. When you're done syncing them together, mute the audio on the slower one and delete the normal-speed one(or lower the opacity to 0). There you have it, more fps that you can use for slow motion and smoother footage!

You can still use Twixtor for slow motion though, there are other ways that make the fake frames less noticeable. For an example you could(and should) apply Twixtor on the slowed down part separately from the rest of your footage, instead of applying Twixtor to the whole thing and then slowing it down. Or just edit the slowed down footage to include less frames than the rest of the footage.

And the CC's. There ain't alot of colore corrections out there that is actally fitting with the video, but I think I found the most used CC for this map.
Called MBL, presets. Ever heard of that?

You should never use presets. Always adjust and make your own color grading for your own video. Here's a good guide on how to color grade properly by CorridorDigital

It may be for real footage, but works just as well for virtual footage.
Stop being suck a negative person.
You are just giving posetive Cnc to the peoples you know had experience of editing for a long time.

Negative? Not all that much, I'm just honest and I have an opinion aswell as general knowledge on how to make a proper video. Sure I may point out your faults in a more aggressive way, but that's cause they really are that bad and I may be a bit of a jerk. Use my posts to improve your videos in the future.
You have been editing for a long time AND you have made some brilliant videos in your time, so no. I don't give positive criticism and tips to people that are more popular. I give criticism and tips to people who need to improve on their video editing, or to point out what they did right and what they did wrong.
Last edited by Ostakex; Mar 10, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Wow so much negative shit. Seriously.

The CoD parts were cool, but as much as I like MLP, most of it didn't fit, but I don't see where you guys get so much shit to say about it. The editing is good. All of it (except for the end explosion). The only problem is the cartoon clips that don't fit. That's it. No need to make a gigantic post saying the same thing over and over again.
oh yeah
Obviously if people give you bad feedback, then the video is bad in their eyes. I'm one of those people.

Instead of slowing stuff down, just use the part of the clip before the scope-in as a filler. I hate the fact that your slowmotion is WAY too slow, and it makes me skip around the video. MLP and CoD shouldn't be in the same video, I honestly have no idea what you were thinking when you made this. The sniper sound was too loud, and annoying after hearing the person shoot so many times in a short time period.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Fine, seems like I just get bad critics whatever I do.
Im quitting video editing then.
Because this is the best I can do.

Oh, yeah, I got positive CnC one time.
That was on my Give You Up video, they said it looked like Adame's videos.
M I N I V A N