Toribash
Original Post
[Music] Sucker Punch Official Release [Beatport, iTunes]
Today was a fun day for me, it was the
day of my exclusive beatport release.
This was my Sucker Punch EP,
including 5 songs made specifically for the EP,
and never heard before.

"Exclusive" just means that Beatport got it first.
The same EP will be released on iTunes
October 7th for almost half the price.
But before I start pitching you to buy it,
take a listen yourself.

Just a couple tastes of the diversity on the EP.

Hope you enjoy! I put a huge amount of effort into this
and would be very excited to seem some feedback,
or any responses to this, thanks guys.

Beatport

iTunes
Last edited by thejesut; Sep 24, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
Show some Love.
Das my jam dawg.

Swing Em' Up - Clean bass, fast-paced, the type of drop I like the most, not too strong not too light, drillboxxy' feeling to it, yummy.

Shadows - Ery' thing good, just the 'woop, woop' in the drop could use some noise in the background, feels dry. Damn. You're good.

Shots Fired - Very nice, but again, the drop feels 'dry' to me, you made the 'Swing Em' Up' drop not too light and not too heavy, but on the next 2 you've gone a bit to the heavy side, but not as much, and that made it kind of wonky for me. I like this: You either have super heavy hardcore bass, and your speakers blow up, or you have a medium drop that's just nice to your ears. I think it really depends on the pitch used.

Overall - You're my new favourite EDM-Type music artist, hope to see more of you in the future, and hopefully, you'll improve a whole lot more. Not saying that you're bad, just you know, improve and maybe venture into my taste so I can enjoy your music even more.

I really respect music artists like you, I know it's really hard for ya'll to make such tracks.
Originally Posted by Metriakon View Post
Das my jam dawg.

Swing Em' Up - Clean bass, fast-paced, the type of drop I like the most, not too strong not too light, drillboxxy' feeling to it, yummy.

Shadows - Ery' thing good, just the 'woop, woop' in the drop could use some noise in the background, feels dry. Damn. You're good.

Shots Fired - Very nice, but again, the drop feels 'dry' to me, you made the 'Swing Em' Up' drop not too light and not too heavy, but on the next 2 you've gone a bit to the heavy side, but not as much, and that made it kind of wonky for me. I like this: You either have super heavy hardcore bass, and your speakers blow up, or you have a medium drop that's just nice to your ears. I think it really depends on the pitch used.

Overall - You're my new favourite EDM-Type music artist, hope to see more of you in the future, and hopefully, you'll improve a whole lot more. Not saying that you're bad, just you know, improve and maybe venture into my taste so I can enjoy your music even more.

I really respect music artists like you, I know it's really hard for ya'll to make such tracks.

Thanks man, means a lot! Sure does take a lot of time and effort to get these tracks made, a lot of headaches as well . I hope to be doing a bunch of new sounds in the near future, and improving is one of my main goals. I never like to get comfortable with what I'm doing, all about trying new things and such.
Show some Love.
Originally Posted by thejesut View Post
Thanks man, means a lot! Sure does take a lot of time and effort to get these tracks made, a lot of headaches as well . I hope to be doing a bunch of new sounds in the near future, and improving is one of my main goals. I never like to get comfortable with what I'm doing, all about trying new things and such.

No prob' man. Always here to give opinions on your work.
These are really amazing. I just listened to your teaser, and I think my favorite by far is Sugarcube.
Great work man ! ^-^

Swing 'Em Up- Sounds nice and smooth. I like the flow, but you could add a few additional background drum beats or such to fill those empty spaces.
Shadow(VIP)- Fucking loved it, dont really see anything wrong with it. Maybe the beginning is a bit soft?
Shots Fired- Same as above. Which is strange because I'm a dubstep lover and both were really great. If I had to critique it the voices almost mix with the synths, I may suggest the levels of the music lower to contour with the voice, then rise back up.

Overall really nice job, I'd buy it.
Originally Posted by Yoki View Post
These are really amazing. I just listened to your teaser, and I think my favorite by far is Sugarcube.
Great work man ! ^-^

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Swing 'Em Up- Sounds nice and smooth. I like the flow, but you could add a few additional background drum beats or such to fill those empty spaces.
Shadow (VIP)- Fucking loved it, dont really see anything wrong with it. Maybe the beginning is a bit soft?
Shots Fired- Same as above. Which is strange because I'm a dubstep lover and both were really great. If I had to critique it the voices almost mix with the synths, I may suggest the levels of the music lower to contour with the voice, then rise back up.

Overall really nice job, I'd buy it.

Thanks for this, I indeed agree hearing Shots fired now, I could have fiddled with the voices a little bit more. Nonetheless I appreciate the feedback, I'll definitely keep note of this in the future. Moreso I hope to see iTunes sell a little bit more, being half as much as Beatport.
Show some Love.