Toribash
Original Post
[vid]Toribash Edit
So I haven't done much with recording in Toribash before, and since I'm not active at cllllllllll when I just bought a new MacBook so decided I'd give it a shot, the first part I don't know how to zoom around with keyframes and my hand was not steady at all. But yeah, anyways....

Quick 10 minute edit in Final Cut Pro on a 2015 MacBook Pro.

Should I make more videos or nah? Not really sure...
Last edited by Jak; Jun 21, 2015 at 06:01 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
It's really up to you if you want to keep making videos, if you find it fun and you want to improve then you should keep doing it but if you don't think it's something you enjoy then you shouldn't make videos for the sake of doing it

Are you willing to spend the time to learn to improve?
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
do it if you want nobody really cares
i think you shouldn't just because of your horrible taste in music and reasons more that i cant be bothered

Please stop shitposting on alts, Augans. ~Moop
Last edited by Moop; Jun 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM.
Originally Posted by Appledong View Post
i think you shouldn't just because of your horrible taste in music and reasons more that i cant be bothered listing

Who woke you up? I see nothing wrong with a taste of music in an edit, it is nit an easy choice. Especially when you are shut down like that in a video that lasts a few seconds
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
i think you shouldn't just because of your horrible taste in music and reasons more that i cant be bothered listing

What the fuck has happened to the art boards? This is fucking disgusting. What happened to when the mods used to hand out infractions for this appalling behaviour. I'm sick of seeing these comments threads. I would link the rules for posting in the art boards however I'm sure I'd be the one who would receive the infraction for doing their jobs.

As for the video, everyone started some where and there is no reason for you to stop. You will only improve through making more videos so please do so.

Some specific tips; especially for a short clip don't drag out the intro. This can only be excused as a build up for something very impressive. I personally prefer a more fast paced edit to the slow ones how ever if you wish to continue in that style it's a good idea to exaggerate slow motion with a steady and fluent camera. Also avoid distancing your camera from uke/tori too much. Remember that is what the video is about so keep them center stage and up close. For an easy way to improve on camera movement simply watch some of sly's edits and pay attention to his camera positioning. Also possibly just another personal preference of mine but I like to choose replays that have a few distinct powerful hits. This allows for easy sound sync. Using a mad man like the one you used can make it difficult as many singular joints are breaking at different times, ruining the sync. Another thing, personally I disliked the fake camera effect. I feel that it comes off as a cheap drag and drop type deal that doesn't quite fit in the rest of the theme. Please do continue making videos though, Toribash can always use more competent media producers.

And fuck that clown, appledong.
Originally Posted by hack View Post
What the fuck has happened to the art boards? This is fucking disgusting. What happened to when the mods used to hand out infractions for this appalling behaviour. I'm sick of seeing these comments threads. I would link the rules for posting in the art boards however I'm sure I'd be the one who would receive the infraction for doing their jobs.

As for the video, everyone started some where and there is no reason for you to stop. You will only improve through making more videos so please do so.

Some specific tips; especially for a short clip don't drag out the intro. This can only be excused as a build up for something very impressive. I personally prefer a more fast paced edit to the slow ones how ever if you wish to continue in that style it's a good idea to exaggerate slow motion with a steady and fluent camera. Also avoid distancing your camera from uke/tori too much. Remember that is what the video is about so keep them center stage and up close. For an easy way to improve on camera movement simply watch some of sly's edits and pay attention to his camera positioning. Also possibly just another personal preference of mine but I like to choose replays that have a few distinct powerful hits. This allows for easy sound sync. Using a mad man like the one you used can make it difficult as many singular joints are breaking at different times, ruining the sync. Another thing, personally I disliked the fake camera effect. I feel that it comes off as a cheap drag and drop type deal that doesn't quite fit in the rest of the theme. Please do continue making videos though, Toribash can always use more competent media producers.

And fuck that clown, appledong.

>toribash can always use more competent media producers
the keyword is competent friend

i wont say anything back because im just extremely blunt, not an asshole (sometimes)
>toribash can always use more competent media producers
the keyword is competent friend

i wont say anything back because im just extremely blunt, not an asshole (sometimes)

Exactly, the keyword is competent. So do you believe that great video editors are just born that way? No, they get there with practice and help from others. You have nothing to contribute to this thread, or the art boards themselves so just leave.
Then how about you contribute to this thread with some constructive critisism instead of "you suck, give up lol".

Please continue this argument off of the artboard ~ Moop
Last edited by Moop; Jun 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Pretty good for a first attempt. You might wanna have a look at this
It gives you most of the stuff you need to know.(Including keyframes)

Main things you need to work on:
\!/Sync (Synchronization with the hits in the video and the beats in the music. This is really important)
\!/Overlay control (When you take the overlay off, when you leave it on)
\!/Keyframes (Also pretty Important)
\!/Camera Distance (As hack metioned you need to keep the camera closer to the tori)

However! You used and overlay!
I personally enjoyed song choice.
You used Transition effects (I.E. It wasn't just a change , there was a slight blur effect)

Overall a decent first attempt. You have much promise
Last edited by Kore; Jun 22, 2015 at 01:12 PM.