Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Wibbles Being Reinstated
I googled this looking for a thread, didn't find one, made a new one.

Anyway, I'm not posting this for a flamefest or even really for it to happen.
I just want to know player's views on the Wibbles board, especially after a period of it being closed.

If you don't know what the Wibbles board was, please don't post.

Would you like Wibbles to be reinstated?
What did you enjoy about it, if it was something you took part in?
What didn't you enjoy about it?
Has off-topic truly replaced Wibbles?

Blog Post on Wibbles

goodbye cruel world
Yes, everything, overmoderation after hamster's reign, no lol.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
It was a seething cesspool made of inbred mouth-breathing imbeciles. 90-98% of the replies are "lolimsorandom", the same percentage applies to the threads, which are rehashes of already stale jokes from the internet.

Even if realistically, we hold out for the at most 2% of worthwhile and funny content, it still doesn't justify the crap you have to plod through to see it. And inevitably, it ends up with 90-98% shitty replies.

Yes, I would like to see wibbles back. Strapped to a rocket and aimed at the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles.

On a side note: why are their threads about toribash in OffTopic? Defeats the purpose, innit?
There is toriprime and VIP. *cough* *snip* *cough*

Got to give something to the payers.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
It was a seething cesspool made of inbred mouth-breathing imbeciles. 90-98% of the replies are "lolimsorandom", the same percentage applies to the threads, which are rehashes of already stale jokes from the internet.

Even if realistically, we hold out for the at most 2% of worthwhile and funny content, it still doesn't justify the crap you have to plod through to see it. And inevitably, it ends up with 90-98% shitty replies.

Yes, I would like to see wibbles back. Strapped to a rocket and aimed at the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles.

On a side note: why are their threads about toribash in OffTopic? Defeats the purpose, innit?

This wasn't true though, most of the stuff was good content.

And what does it even matter if there is bad content? Just put a timed life on it. If bad content was seriously a problem then all clans would be deleted...

Some people just have weird expectations of how forums work. Things like "oh there should be no post counter in wibbles" and other stupid things like that. There is no problem with content you don't like. If someone makes a joke that you don't laugh at or posts something that doesn't interest you, it's not a problem.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by avwave View Post

Off-topic:
"For less critically criticized general topics."

makes sense that somewhat degenerative casual talk is held there, even if it concerns toribash, no?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Wibbles wasn't really worth your while, but it was a nice place to kick back in. It was mainly a way to kill time, sometimes it was fun. Now that sort of thing is just reserved for TP users. Although I wouldn't mind having it back.
Wibbles is the reason to my horrid past. It was mostly a troll fest.
Off-topic is NOWHERE near anything like wibbles was. Tbh, if wibbles did come back, I don't think it would be the same as it was in the old times because alot of the old wibblers left.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
Wibbles is the reason to my horrid past. It was mostly a troll fest.
Off-topic is NOWHERE near anything like wibbles was. Tbh, if wibbles did come back, I don't think it would be the same as it was in the old times because alot of the old wibblers left.

I think a lot of people would come out of the woodwork, trust me. It's amazing what people will post just because they can.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
This wasn't true though, most of the stuff was good content.

If I remember correctly, almost every second post contained one or more images of Xzibit. Most of it was poor, a small fraction was good.

If bad content was seriously a problem then all clans would be deleted...

I don't know where you came up with this idea? Clans probably contribute to approximately half the members' reasons for staying active ingame, on forums and on IRC. Clans generate 900% more good content than bad.

Some people just have weird expectations of how forums work. Things like "oh there should be no post counter in wibbles" and other stupid things like that. There is no problem with content you don't like. If someone makes a joke that you don't laugh at or posts something that doesn't interest you, it's not a problem.

Every other forum I've been on has had a generally older and more mature demographic and far less people that consider post count a desirable attribute. On other forums, people comment on discussions that they can actually contribute to. Unfortunately, as the members here have shown, people WILL uselessly post to boost their post count and will increase the amount of comments just saying "LOL", diluting the good content posts with 4500 bad content posts. A "no post count" on wibbles is the only reason some of the content was good.
Last edited by FreshPrins; May 31, 2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Grammar
Σ