Toribash
Original Post
QUick QUestion
I have a quick question..
what game options should I put to look realistic ingame?

• How do they destroy Uke's body easily?
  • How can they move so realistic?
  • How can they balance/ stand up perfectly after fighting?
  • What gravity should I put?
  • What mod should I use?
Anyways, I'm only talking about "Vs. With Uke" not Multiplayer game
B I T C H D O N ' T K I L L M Y V I B E
1. Hit in between the joints, hard.
2. Practice.
3. Practice.
4. -30
5. Classic

Might help to hold shift when hitting space, as you'll be able to make more precise moves moving just 1 frame at the time.
Last edited by Fenris; Mar 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Originally Posted by rjayquin View Post

• What mod should I use?

Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
2. Practice.
3. Practice.
4. -30
5. Classic

Might help to hold shift when hitting space, as you'll be able to make more precise moves moving just 1 frame at the time.

cant really agree with u fenris.

1. u have to get lots of momentum, by pushing your tori in any way, may u jump to uke or u fall to ground and push with your arms/legs to get tons of speed. more speed = easier disemberment.
other thing is that u have to know where u should hit that a joint brokes easier. if u want to make a decap, better aim for the join, then just for the head.
if u want to make a split, better try to kick from the side or with much speed at the front. but u need really much speed to make such a split.
2.try to watch some REAL tricking videos on youtube or such, see how the people there move. try to copy that in toribash. other thing is just practice.
3.thats alot of practice too. if u know how to balance a tori at all u can even bring him to stand after a fight. i would practice that in parkour runs, try to run. then jump over an obstacle and try to land on your feet and keep running.
if u get that, u can even make a tori stand etc.
4. this depends on what u like the most and what u prefer the most.
usually replays are made in the classical -09.98 gravity. its quite hard to run or even walk there. its better to make disemberments and such.
other thing is -30.00 which makes it easer to run and make tricking. if u even got into this grav. good u can start making here disemberment replays too. but its MUCH harder then in the classical gravity.
then is there the -20.00 stuff. which is hardest of them all.
hard to run, hard to make balanced move etc. but if u play really much with this grav. u can even get to make some awesome replays there.
i would say to u - try all of them, which u like the most... practice there then. until u think its getting boring or that u reached a point where ure quite good. then u can even try to make some stuff in the other gravity´s.
just all about tori knowledge, how they work most efficently.
5.ALWAYS USE CLASSIC. or parkour mods. but dont use any instagib stuff mods. thats just weird and will never look good.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by rjayquin View Post

• What mod should I use?

2. Practice.
3. Practice.
4. -30
5. Classic

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
cant really agree with u fenris.

1. u have to get lots of momentum, by pushing your tori in any way, may u jump to uke or u fall to ground and push with your arms/legs to get tons of speed. more speed = easier disemberment.
other thing is that u have to know where u should hit that a joint brokes easier. if u want to make a decap, better aim for the join, then just for the head.
if u want to make a split, better try to kick from the side or with much speed at the front. but u need really much speed to make such a split.
2.try to watch some REAL tricking videos on youtube or such, see how the people there move. try to copy that in toribash. other thing is just practice.
3.thats alot of practice too. if u know how to balance a tori at all u can even bring him to stand after a fight. i would practice that in parkour runs, try to run. then jump over an obstacle and try to land on your feet and keep running.
if u get that, u can even make a tori stand etc.
4. this depends on what u like the most and what u prefer the most.
usually replays are made in the classical -09.98 gravity. its quite hard to run or even walk there. its better to make disemberments and such.
other thing is -30.00 which makes it easer to run and make tricking. if u even got into this grav. good u can start making here disemberment replays too. but its MUCH harder then in the classical gravity.
then is there the -20.00 stuff. which is hardest of them all.
hard to run, hard to make balanced move etc. but if u play really much with this grav. u can even get to make some awesome replays there.
i would say to u - try all of them, which u like the most... practice there then. until u think its getting boring or that u reached a point where ure quite good. then u can even try to make some stuff in the other gravity´s.
just all about tori knowledge, how they work most efficently.
5.ALWAYS USE CLASSIC. or parkour mods. but dont use any instagib stuff mods. thats just weird and will never look good.

I can't entirely say I agree with either of you.

1.Momentum-Speed-Power-Damage-Dismemberment.
The more momentum and speed you have, the more power you gain in your hits. Through power you get damage, and then dismemberment. Check out shook's boomhit tutorial, it's pretty useful. To get maximum damage in your hits, extend everything as far away from your target (let's say the groin area) and then kind of bring it all together. Usually doing that, you get a load of damage done. That's cause you'll gain lots of speed, and that ghosts you foot/hand into ukes body. Since it's in his body, it'll have a greater affect area. If you do it just right, you'll get a large amount of damage and dismemberment done over a large area. Check out shook's tutorial for more details, tips n' shit.

2.It's pretty much practice. What Blubkill said is useful, however if you look at any replay, you'll notice that they all look very realistic however they all look different. It's a matter of finding your own style and practicing until you get it perfect.

3.Practice again. Once you figure out all the little tricks and shit that help keep your balance, you find that you have no problem falling to the ground and getting right back up again. Usually if you're a beginner try to plan ahead. Put the arm that's all relaxed in a spot where you'll be able to push you're self back up. It's all preference on how you find you like keeping your balance.

4.Preference. Some people like -9.68 gravity since it's easier to get to your target. Just push off the ground with your hand, travel 20 meters yo. Others prefer -30 gravity since it's easier to walk around in. I can't stand -9.68 gravity. If I took an hour to make an amazing replay in -30 gravity, doing a replay of the same quality in -9.68 gravity would take like 10 hours. Experiment around with each one, find which one tickles your fancy.

5.Classic, never use anything else. Instagib mods make you look like crap. Don't turn down the dismemberment threshold either. It makes you look good, but then when you try to make a replay with 100, you find it impossible after doing them with low dm threshold. I speak from experience.

As Fenris said, use shift-space or shift-p, it makes it go by 1 frame each time and greatly helps with aiming and timing your hits.
~Cigs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u, what happend to "you"?

He asked how people move realistic, and -30 is considered "realistic" gravity, that's why I suggested it.

Watching moves on youtube and copy them? Are you funny?
Mess around in single player and learn how the tori work, that's how you become a good player, improvisation is the way to go.

Could use them as "inspiration", but copying them would basically be like stamping "faggot" on your own forehead.
Last edited by Fenris; Mar 14, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u, what happend to "you"?

He asked how people move realistic, and -30 is considered "realistic" gravity, that's why I suggested it.

Watching moves on youtube and copy them? Are you funny?
Mess around in single player and learn how the tori work, that's how you become a good player, improvisation is the way to go.

Could use them as "inspiration", but copying them would basically be like stamping "faggot" on your own forehead.

"you" didnt understand what i meant by copy.
just as example a cork. watch one on youtube to see how it works, now try to bring it in toribash - this is only possible if u move like in real, more or less "copy" it.
thats how jaker made it with most of his replays. (shame on "you" if "you" dont know him)

also "you" never can be a realistic player if "you" dont know how such things are made in real. if i never saw a cork or made one in my life. go in toribash. jump without doing anything i could call it a cork. cause i didnt even knew how it works.
realism in toribash means that u do stuff, which u can do in real too. how can u do real stuff in a game if u dont even know how the real stuff looks like?
"you" understand now?
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
You seem really annoyed...
Let's not get all fuzzy, I'm just throwing out my opinion, my knowledge which"rjay" asked for ^^

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
"you" didnt understand what i meant by copy.
just as example a cork. watch one on youtube to see how it works, now try to bring it in toribash - this is only possible if u move like in real, more or less "copy" it,

There is a word for it, oh.. I think it's inspiration, as I mentioned above?
so which one is which? o.o" I'm really eager to learn but.. two of you are arguing which is which.W
which one should I follow? xD I understand the "pratice, practice, practice"
B I T C H D O N ' T K I L L M Y V I B E