Toribash
Original Post
[MUSIC]Assorted Compositions
Hello. Just thought I'd share some of my music with the Toribash Community so here goes nothing.

Pizzazz
One of my older ones, it's a jazzy-style piece on the piano.

Jazzification
Something a bit more complex. Same kinda style but with a drum and bass accompaniment.

Reminiscing
Quite a bit different to the first two, this slower tune is a duet with piano and flute.

Short descriptions because it's probably better to just hear them for yourself, heh.

Hope you enjoy them.
pro
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I'm not into this sort of music but...
Quality stuff. How'd you get it all to sound like it was made in a studio and stuff?
Originally Posted by TomPaine View Post
Do you use finale?

Nope, I use a program called Sibelius. You can check it out at www.sibelius.com if you want, they've got a free trial available for download on their website.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I'm not into this sort of music but...
Quality stuff. How'd you get it all to sound like it was made in a studio and stuff?

Sibelius gives you lots of control over the sound and in effect the "placing of the instruments in a 3D environment" which can help to give it that studio-like feel.

And thanks to you guys for commenting.
I love them, this section should have more musicians, I might try to do something on the guitar or the piano. Anyways, nice compositions, jazz is always harder to create if you see what I mean. Most modern musics simply repeat a scheme, maybe add a bridge or two, an intro and if lucky a solo; that's what I like about jazz, it's different and clearly skill demanding.
My favourite was definately the first one, very catchy and I loved the mutating melody. At the start of the last one, I thought I was listening to Unforgiven III by Metallica =P
Do you do everything on the program or does it assist your recording of a real piano?
also, be careful when writing parts for wind instruments. there's limited range and some jumps are particularly hard on different instruments.
PigeonHive Flap Buzz
Originally Posted by Muffindo View Post
I love them, this section should have more musicians, I might try to do something on the guitar or the piano. Anyways, nice compositions, jazz is always harder to create if you see what I mean. Most modern musics simply repeat a scheme, maybe add a bridge or two, an intro and if lucky a solo; that's what I like about jazz, it's different and clearly skill demanding.
My favourite was definately the first one, very catchy and I loved the mutating melody. At the start of the last one, I thought I was listening to Unforgiven III by Metallica =P
Do you do everything on the program or does it assist your recording of a real piano?

Here's a man who knows about his music. :>
Everything is program based in these compositions, 100% digital. I write the sheet music in the program (example) and it plays it, with a little direction from me.

Originally Posted by TomPaine View Post
also, be careful when writing parts for wind instruments. there's limited range and some jumps are particularly hard on different instruments.

Yeah, I had that in mind when composing. I'm lucky to have a few friends who play woodwind instruments so I was able to confer with them as to the difficulty of what I was coming up with, and if it'd even be possible to play, heh.
Honestly not very much. I've only really been composing for about a year and the first 6 months or so of that was just messing around for maybe an hour a week. In regards to other music-related activities, I've got grade 4 in musical theory (somehow, I just passed), grade 3 in playing the drum kit and grade 1 piano although that's basically void due to my lack of work at it for the past few years.

I really should get up off my arse and get some work done, haha.