Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Keeper of time (WIP)

I need a background maker for this, can someone paint a background 1400x900 pixels?

Im not done yet, this is my progress so far.
Last edited by Ezeth; Dec 8, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Hmm. It's a nice try, but I have to give some critic.

First of all, the whole thing looks really flat. Think the human in cylinders, and try to draw them in 3d. That helps a lot. Other thing is anatomy. It's really far away. Shoulders are a little too wide, waist is much too wide. Hands are different sized, and both are much too short, head is too small etc. Take this as constructive critique, I don't want to crush that pic, but it has some minor errors.

Read some anatomy, draw, draw. Remember to draw from life, that really helps. Think about the 3d shape of things when you draw them. Think where the light comes from, and where it casts shadows. The colours are more saturated in the middle parts, and less saturated in light and shadow. The background is... empty. It also has too big contrast. Human eyes see the places with most contrast.

But it isn't bad at all. Those clock parts on his chests look good. And you have drew. It's always a good thing. Remember to keep drawing, especially from life. If drawing with tablet(I suppose you have one) seems to be hard, scetch with pencil, and colour them with photoshop.
Here's a link to Andrew Loomis anatomy book. I really suggest reading it. Here's another useful tutorial about digital painting.

I'm just trying to help you.

Edit: Flipping your image will help you with spotting errors.
Last edited by Pate5; Dec 8, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
I was not aiming for perfect anatomy :P monsters don't useally have that. But yeah I agree with the fact that its pretty flat.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
I was not aiming for perfect anatomy :P monsters don't useally have that. But yeah I agree with the fact that its pretty flat.

No matter what your doing, everything must be aimed for some sense of anatomy even if it is a deformation made on purpose. What Pate5 said is dead on, drawing from life and studying anatomy will help EXTREMELY. Once you really sit down and start drawing from real life, you will be able to conjure things your mind and convey them in vivid detail.
Hi it's Praeter
I would say this one is better than your previous drawings. You could do a better face.
But, as i said before, it looks scary . Anyways, good job
Try drawing the muscles first, or at least flow-lines of the muscles. Also, try drawing out ovals to get the basic shape, it's a monster, but making up anatomy is a lot harder than creating human anatomy. Try and make a normal human first, and then you'll get a better idea of how to create unrealistic muscles/creatures. Don't forget to use multiple short strokes for lines, if you're having trouble bending single lines the way you want them to. A single line always looks nice but takes a lot of skill to do as a final.

There is anatomy, but it needs better defining. What I'm trying to say is that the proportions aren't accurate or that there isn't enough details/transition for the current anatomy to be correct/realistic - even in a nonhuman sense.

If I get the time I'll try and make a visual to what I mean. Did you get a chance to look at those sites I linked you?
Last edited by JinxZ; Dec 11, 2009 at 04:31 AM.

(>^_^)>