Toribash
Original Post
Bizarre fps behaviour
So I've had this pc for about 2 years I believe. I can't say it's the best one out there. In fact, it's quite horrid. A problem I've had which I don't suspect has to do with it though is the framerate behaiviour toribash has.

It's normal for my game to start off at a solid 60 fps on low settings but after about 5-10 minutes it starts cutting down to 30. after that, 15. Seeing as it starts off at 60, doesn't that mean that my pc should handle the game quite well? This problem has occured ever since I got the pc. I believe my last one had a similar problem aswell. Any help?

I may also note that not only does the framerate lower, but the speed of the game aswell. A simple replay would only look normal if I speed it up to 2x the speed.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
There are a few things which may be causing this, such heavy mods, flames, overheating and background applications/games.
You could try playing mods without much objects with particles off and without any application which consumes a lot of cpu/gpu power in the background while monitoring your pc temperature sensors. This will help you determinate the cause of it
Background applications I use are pretty much only skype and spotify. other than that I already have particles off and I rarely ever use mods.
|Replays|
Is this only happening with Toribash or other games too?
Also, it looks like a overheating issue. Use some kind of software to monitor your pc temperatures when the fps starts to drop
Last edited by Lite; Apr 9, 2016 at 08:51 PM.
This does occur in brawlhalla aswell, but I think that is because of something else.

I've noticed that toribash takes up 50%+ when it comes to cpu usage. any way to fix this?

Other than that the temperatures of my pc seem normal when lag starts.
|Replays|
Fixed framerate is already off.

graphics card is intel 4 series chipset family

As I said, it's quite the horrid computer.
|Replays|
Eww, that potato. Jk.
I think it has something to do with memory leaks, adnt ehat might be because of overheating.
Do you have a laptop or a desktop?
I would reccomend clearing the dust out of your pc to prevent overheating.
I actually cleaned my laptop up just a week ago. Temperatures seem normal so I don't think overheating is the problem.
|Replays|