Toribash
Original Post
Four moves to polish, 1 Aikido, 3 Classic
Well, topic title pretty much explains the main concept. Here are the individual questions I have for the moves...

"Aikido armbar takedown". What are the odds of getting that to work in multiplayer? I'd say it's a pretty good takedown once it's locked in, but how hard/unlikely would that be?

"Arm ripper #toomany". The fault's obvious and very bad. How to do this without getting one's own leg sky high?

"Cool Start Boring Finish" and "Waist tear" have the same problem. I call it "Cool start, boring finish", and it is self-explanatory. How could I kill some time in those replays?

The last one, Aikido Shooting Star Press Suplex, is a move I consider quite finished. It's just there for the final question, which affects all of the posted moves; Are there any obvious ways to make the movements better, less stiff, more polished?

Thank you for your time.

Edit: By the way, I'd appreciate if you'd rate the moves on a scale from 0 to 10, please. I'm able to take constructive criticism without turning into a whiny idiot, so if you think there are good reasons to rate a move 0, by all means, do so!
Attached Files
Aikido armbar takedown.rpl (13.8 KB, 187 views)
Arm ripper #toomany.rpl (52.2 KB, 56 views)
Cool Start Boring Finish.rpl (35.5 KB, 47 views)
Waist tear.rpl (41.0 KB, 38 views)
Last edited by MKH90; Sep 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM.
Pretty good job on the replays for a beginner. I would say first off make your time frames 1. What I mean by this is get into a single player game, and type /set tf 1 and by doing that, you have better precision because now frames go by a tenth as fast as they were on your replays. I edited the Cool Start Boring Finish and made it so I used every match frame. Apart from all this just experiment into doing new moves and I will even post a few of my replays.
Attached Files
Cool Start Boring Finish#2.rpl (125.4 KB, 48 views)
FaintMadman.rpl (209.3 KB, 23 views)
Faint-IThinkIWant10.rpl (312.8 KB, 19 views)
FaintMutaliation#1.rpl (254.2 KB, 21 views)
First one, no chance that'll work. 1
Second one, I don't have much advice for you, contracting the leg makes it easier to break, but really the move is just completely useless, too easy to counter. 2
Third one, try to use more momentum and make your body move faster. 2
Fourth(Waist tear)It takes too much time to execute something like that without the other person being able to kill you, and your head is too close to the ground. Maybe trying to do some steps at the same time?4
Fifth, it would be easy to counter that one for someone in the higher groups, but it's still a pretty good move, though it leaves you very vulnerable, maybe trying to make it move faster, and not get your head slammed into him?6
Maybe I should've clarified one thing: The Classic moves are not made for multiplayer, they're just made for one reason; To make Hold All-Uke's life miserable. Then again, I admittedly screwed up by not telling that crucial piece of information :P

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, I truly appreciate it.
The suplex is great for a beginner, but the first two I don't see working too well.

3 and 4, just keep punching the shit out of uke =)
<Skulfuk> I'm a rapist? I prefer to call it "surprise sex"
Originally Posted by Honeheim View Post
Third one, try to use more momentum and make your body move faster.

He is a beginner if he knew how to use more momentum he would have done it. The purpose of this board is to tell him how to use more momentum.

The general problem in you aikido moves is that they don't consider the movement of your opponent. If your opponent contracts a pec he catches your arm before you get such a grip. The supplex opener is very nice though and can be turned into a mp supplex with some tweaking in the next few round. Contracting your hips should give you a good position to move on.

Waist tear and arm ripper aren't very good I wouldn't stick to them.They use only the knee joint to dismember which looks bad. Generally you can make replays look smooth by not holding certain joints for a longer time. Also relaxing elbows and knees often make replay look a lot smoother.
And the slower you move the more obvious are your stiff movements.

Your cool start boring finish replay is quite tricky. You don't have many option to move one with an attack and the best one I can think of is quite hard to do.
If you raise your grabing arm and rotate your chest and pec you can keep the initial spin going. By raising your arm you push your legs against the ground. From there you can use your left knee to bounce off the ground (if you extend your knee and ram it into the ground but hold your knee when it hits the ground so your ankle doesn't break). Now you can use your right leg to attack.
If you need some visual help I can make a replay of it.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube