Ranking
Original Post
Texture sizing
Ok so um when i make a head texture i set it to 500 px high and 1000 px wide to make it easyer to skin as it pulls the texture when added to the toribash sphereric head..
I have recently found that this also will happen to most other textures such as the feet as when i put the texture on feet it stretches it and makes it look nothing like what i first put on ... SO i was wondering if anyone could tell me what sizes to first use and then scale down from that like i did with the head texture..

Thanks.
Highlight->Find The Link Below<-highlight
www.therules.wetpaint.com/
You need to make exact squares, like 512 by 512 or 256 by 256 or 128 by 128.

Note: the default is 128 by 128, only the head textures have better resolution.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Heads are horizontally squashed by 50-60% so work with those ratios then scale it down to 128x128

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
um i dont think you guys got what i ment exactly hah
i mean like if you make a head as 128x128 circles will be ovals and so on...
with the feet textures at 128x128 lines are nearly rectangles
Highlight->Find The Link Below<-highlight
www.therules.wetpaint.com/
Oh yeah I get it now.

Well it's because you cant cover a globe with a simple square, as Skul said, the texture itself is squashed a little bit to fit.

I guess you need to get used to it, and make textures where the squashing is already pre-planned.
That's how you'll become a skilled texture maker.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Aye, so working in 256x128 then scaling to 128x128 will result in pretty much the correct proportions. Of course there's the problem of losing detail doing that.

Normally I make a layer with a rough sketch of the head, then I scale it to the correct size. That gets used as a guide and I draw over it. Everyone has their own method, but in my experience unless your working with vectors I advise against drawing then scaling.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you