Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]Christopher Walken
Bought a tablet the other day, getting into practise by making textures
started off as some scared bro, then turned into excited psychopath
now its christopher walken
and no, i didnt intend for it to look like him, its just how it started looking
it will probably be garrus vakarian by the time i finish it.

and yeah, WIP and stuff
pretty early stages, mappings mostly finished.
ears are early sketch phase
hair is early sketch phase
busy with working out the lighting and how im going to shade it for the rest of the pieces

programs:
photoshop cs3
wacom bamboo pen

Last edited by BenDover; Apr 18, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I laik.
Never shade with black/white though, especially on humans.
It looks like plastic if you do that.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
still sketch phase, theyr just impression lines for now
final draft will be pretty much a complete redraw with relatively realistic tones

although i do like the way sketches look, the original black line sketches always seem to have more character than the final drafts.
refining things takes away too many of the hard angles and original feel
will probably move onto a combination between sketch and relative realism for future stuff, but for now il keep it traditional
I agree.
That's one of the reasons why I hardly finish my drawing, because I know I'll end up liking the sketches more than the finished piece.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
also a slight update on this one, hairs looking alot better in comparison to my other texture, just need to bring in some black underneath to match up the styles
hairs been mirrored for now, just to get the idea across, but wont be when i eventually finish it
Well I'm bad at criticizing art so I will just say that I like the hair style of your female head texture much better. This sort of "chicken scratched" stuff only looks good if you waste a ton of time on it. In my opinion of course.

Other than that...instead of using such a small brush with such a dark color for facial details, lower the opacity a bit, use a slightly blacker, desaturated skin tone and just make love to the canvas with it ;)