Ranking
Original Post
[Img] Weapons.
Mortar, go watch in HD on YouTube.

WIP Shotgun

Update

More coming up as soon as I render them.
Last edited by Ramenlover; Jan 24, 2009 at 04:07 AM.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
It's pretty good, but it looked like it sploded a little too soon.
<Hanz0> Crush his hopes and dreams in the palm or your hand.Doitdoitdoit ;D
[RENEGADE]
Originally Posted by Tiebasher View Post
It's pretty good, but it looked like it sploded a little too soon.

I know, If I wanted to get fancy I would make a huge blinding light appear so you would only see the pieces flying everywhere.

WIP Shotgun
Last edited by Ramenlover; Jan 24, 2009 at 04:07 AM.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
Nice, tiebasher, it was obviously and excalibur shell, with proximity sensors, geeez :P

Its green, low res, and uses dodgey routines to texture it. And the explosion wasnt too good.

I think that maybe you should add a multistage explosion, and make it so the piecec will bounce off the plane. And also make sure that you ahve gravity on the pieces, so they fall back down to earth.

I would tell you to add some flames and smoke, but idk how to do that, though i have seen it done.

If you wanted a fireball you could just a liquid, make it expand, and give it acceleration upwards, and the consistency of oil, so it would be a nice rolling fireball from the explosion. Maybe you could use vertex array sor something to make it go explode.

All in all, nice but basic, needs work

EDIT: ninjaed that shotgun up :P
Looks nice, but again its lwo poly and textures need work
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Nice, tiebasher, it was obviously and excalibur shell, with proximity sensors, geeez :P

Its green, low res, and uses dodgey routines to texture it. And the explosion wasnt too good.

I think that maybe you should add a multistage explosion, and make it so the piecec will bounce off the plane. And also make sure that you ahve gravity on the pieces, so they fall back down to earth.

I would tell you to add some flames and smoke, but idk how to do that, though i have seen it done.

If you wanted a fireball you could just a liquid, make it expand, and give it acceleration upwards, and the consistency of oil, so it would be a nice rolling fireball from the explosion. Maybe you could use vertex array sor something to make it go explode.

All in all, nice but basic, needs work

EDIT: ninjaed that shotgun up :P
Looks nice, but again its lwo poly and textures need work

I made that mortar explosion for my brother in about two min so don't be expecting anything to good. I know it is low poly, but It is the first gun I have modeled. Also edited it a bit. Also the mortar was made for the game engine so It had to be low poly. I didn't even work on the texture or color, my brother said green and that is what he got.

ah ok, well, improve it ^_^

You smoothed it?
smoothing != high poly :P

i like the shape, it shows you have the ability, but from the looks of things you are lacking in patients

BTW, be careful with smooth, it will smooth everything in the object, so be careufl it doesnt smooth your nice clean edges.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I didn't smooth it. I subsurface and creased.

Also just for Luls, I spelled weapons wrong in the title.
Yup. Blender.