Ranking
Original Post
IRC not working.
Previously I could use the Toribash browser IRC from my home computer without any plugins and from my school laptop with a vpn plugin.
About half a year ago it stopped working on my home computer and my laptop and I can't seem to figure out why.

When I try loading it I get this pretty icon below
http://gyazo.com/4fc88c762cbb6bd0b26e882a8627ce27.png

I tried downloading mirc and a chrome irc plugin but to no success.
The chrome one shows this http://gyazo.com/2f71dcd3ce8429f021817e0dfc363025.png

Any ideas on how to solve this easily?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I was told to use the search button but it doesn't do anything upon clicking.
PM me with any and all questions
Eh, webchat has a tendence to just break and stop working, but it should be up right now. You might try clearing cache & cookies for TB webpage and try again.

If you have mirc, I'll use bunch of images from my polish mirc tutorial:

spoiler

If you fail to connect using mIRC, paste the server log here, it might tell more about why you can't connect.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Thank you, it seemed to be working from my home computer after you posted this.
However, my school laptop still won't access IRC.

I hope this is the log you're looking for
http://gyazo.com/ed481db58ed6a9aa2352b9f9fd565121
It keeps trying without success.
Perhaps firewall, antivirus or some parental control program is blocking mirc. Try selecting a different server like irc.rizon.net (should actually be in servelist by default) and trying to connect to it. If it won't, it's most likely a matter of something blocking your connection.

[re] | #Polska
I'm actually kind of confused on what to do now. Are you sure the laptop doesn't have some special software installed for the purpose of blocking internet or whatever? You can try launching with both firewall and avast off (but I doubt anything is going to change).

You could maybe try playing around with port forwarding in your router but since the PC works properly, it isn't/shouldn't be the problem with isp.

[re] | #Polska
If there's a software installed, it's not running visibly for me. I'll try without avast tomorrow.

I only use my laptop in school so I can't mess with their router at all. To me it seems really strange that they would block irc... I can't think of anything else I can't do on the laptop..
I remember people using a vpn to be able to play league of legends in the dorm but using a vpn stopped working, as I think I said earlier.
-----
No success.
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 3, 2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Get how'd of a free VPN and try when routed, you can also try pinging the toribash irc server using the terminal.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Will do. Just have to find a good vpn I trust then.
How do I ping the Toribash IRC server using the terminal though? That's so confusing, haha.