Toribash
Original Post
Problems whit my wireless internet, high ping.
Well some weeks ago I repaired my internet, and now its giving promblems such as high ping, slow load at internet web pages, etc...

We know that whit high ping its hard to get nice fps at a game.

Now at toribash I get 5 - 13 fps, and normally I got 31 - 50 fps.

There is a screenshot that shows My ping, I use the comand "ping -t www.google.com"

Screenie: look Inside to the red square thing, is shows 160 to 250 ping. my normal ms (ping) is 15 - 50, not ping spikes.

Help!
Some awesome stuff -> click here!!
Well all I can say is get better Internet or use this:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
It may make your gameplay better as well as stop pinging.
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)
Ping has nothing to do with your FPS, it has to go with network response. Try to update your graphics drivers to get an optimalised game performance. The network issue should be addressed to the network administrator or ISP.
Originally Posted by aslask View Post
Ping has nothing to do with your FPS, it has to go with network response. Try to update your graphics drivers to get an optimalised game performance. The network issue should be addressed to the network administrator or ISP.

@Aslask: my drivers dont cause the probem, Ive runned toribash like 100000000 times whit nice fps and other online games whit nice fps too, now, chrome, mozila, IE And all my games lag since I repaired my internet. And yes, how the hell I will get nice fps whit connection lag?

@Silco: Thank you, but I have the same speed of internet connection (4mb), the thing is that i ping a lot.

P.D: Dont recomend new internet, im already thinking about that. but first Im trying to find a way to fix this ping mess up, i dont want to spend more money for nothing. the internet developers are to sh*t, and they dont know how to repair it. so im asking on the forums.
Ping is not local. Singleplayer won't lag because your internet connection is bad. The FPS is determined by your hardware or drivers. The internet connection lies beyond your PC. If you get more than 160 ping all the time, you should connect your ISP's Support service. Other games can get good FPS with outdated drivers, but especially if you have a Radeon card, it makes a difference to Toribash because of sucky OpenGL support in old versions. If you used to run Toribash better with the computer you're using now, it's because of the drivers.

See, the internet connection means how long your PC uses to send data to other computers, not how fast it computes itself. Summed up: FPS has absolutely nothing to do with internet. I still recommend updating drivers to the very newest, it will never be negative, and will improve performance overall anyway.

I cannot recommend a new internet, because at the moment, we only have one proper worldwide internet. I can recommend contacting your internet service provider and tell them about the problem. If they don't know how to repair it, you really should find a better ISP with a better crew for technical support.
Maybe you're running other programs that are hogging your bandwidth. If your running uTorrent (which I see you are by your taskbar) then it may be the problem. Shut off all other unnecessary programs that you're running and pause the downloads etc..
Ok I will try updating my drivers, and single player lags too but when i turn off the my router, and then i open toribash, i have normal fps (30 -60).

read my last post the problem is not my internet connection, its the ping, maybe the host have problems whit the server. and I usualy close Utorrent, but that dont makes difference.

Anyways Im really sure that my drivers are ok, but ok.

I tried your program, Silco, but it dont works. Thank you all whit your cooperation.
Last edited by darkmax89; Mar 20, 2011 at 02:26 AM.
Torrent programs produce massive ping, but they don't demand much of your computer performancewise. Unless you have very little RAM and a very demanding router software that somehow opens automatically whenever you turn the router on, the router cannot be the problem with the FPS. Close other programs you don't need and try again. Also, if you have a heavy antivirus program, I recommend swapping to Microsoft Security Essentials. Not only does it demand little, but it also is more effective against viruses than other free programs.
Are you sure?
From what i heared lots of people
are using the same connection.
I think that is why u ping
Try to get a single connection.
Generaly does not cost you more..
It could be some other program running in the background that only puts a lot of stress on your system when connected to the internet. That would explain the low FPS while connected to the internet. I'm not sure if you have but do some virus scans and make sure you don't have any malware/viruses.

Use CCleaner to alter the list of programs that start on startup. Anything that you don't want or need to have running all the time can come off the startup list.