Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Art]Thunder gorilla
So here is WIP number 1

yay

WIP 2

Ref pic

Last edited by Hug; May 8, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE
It look like more Bigfoot or Yeti cause nose not looks gorilla.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It look like more Bigfoot or Yeti cause nose not looks gorilla.

Originally Posted by Hug View Post
As you wish.

For real, gorillas have different noses. Also, the left leg (right side of picutre) is too big and too humanlike for gorilla... And other leg too small. If it's mean to be 3d like, then difference of size of both feet is too big, no matter how big strides it is supposed to take.
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; May 7, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
For real, gorillas have different noses. Also, the left leg (right side of picutre) is too big and too humanlike for gorilla... And other leg too small. If it's mean to be 3d like, then difference of size of both feet is too big, no matter how big strides it is supposed to take.

Firstly, I didn't ignore Chris's words. Second one, you can't see left leg just cuz left hand covered it. Sorry, can't accept your criticism. If you have bad imagination please wait until I draw more parts of body. If you don't know really which part is right then don't say about this. I hope you understand my words.
Last edited by Hug; May 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE
Originally Posted by Hug View Post
Firstly, I didn't ignore Chris's words. Second one, you can't see left leg just cuz left hand covered it. Sorry, can't accept your criticism. If you have bad imagination please wait until I draw more parts of body. If you don't know really which part is right then don't say about this. I hope you understand my words.

I don't point that you disregarded what Chris said, I just say that I also spotted the nose difference. NO, I don't have a crappy imagination. I can seriously say something isn't right with those forms down at left side stomach / leg / invisible arm.

If the arm is so huge, why doesn't it cover up its lower lip too? Yeah, surely draw more parts and details! For now I'm certain you'll end up having to change the overall shape of the creature to do that. (at the particular side, at least). Ok, I'll show visually what I meant:

Last edited by JSnuffMARS; May 8, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
People are not lacking imagination, but they are not familiar with shortenings that come with perspective and muscular (and fat) folding of the body, in this case, a body of gorilla, which is also made not realistically, but rather like caricature, or cartoon.
Vector images are always prone to go toward simplification and cartoon-look.

That is way they see mistakes where they aren't.

That is why I see perfectly everything on this vector image, and all is clear. His left arm is on the ground (Gorillas use them while walking), and that arm is obscuring his other leg (it's way behind) and we can't see it. His right hand is up, in a menacing position, while his whole upper body is going toward us, thus shortening of perspective is making his lower part of the body smaller (that is why his other leg is tiny), also that bulge under his right arm is his stomach, folded. Gorillas have large stomachs.
As for the nose, I think it's better when artists can indulge their 'artistic freedoms'. This gorilla is more human-like with it, making his expression more menacing. It would be better that eyes are not just bright spots, I would personally add red pupils (if that is how is the black spots in eyes are called? Idk English very well) to correspond with his mouth and to make whole face more expressive.
I see good action pose and sound shortening of limbs and folding of musculature. Right hand could do some more 'fixing' on it due that gorillas have bigger thumbs, but all in all, this is pretty much good work.
''After the showers is the sun.
Will be shining...''
Thank, Django. Happy to hear that from you.
I changed nose a bit anyway. Yes, you can see this gorilla as i do.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE