Toribash
Original Post
Double check "Live Streams" with logged in player
(reg. issue talked about on #support yesterday)

Not a huge problem but rather a flaw.

It seems that the json api pulls out twitch "toribash", regardless of whether or not it's actually Toribash gameplay being streamed.

As it is now, it seems even someone playing e.g Doom 3, could simply list their "Now Playing" as being "Toribash, and the JSON (forum.toribash.com/twitch.php) would still grab it, and list it.

My proposed solution would be to double check if that player is logged in. Toribash reguires login to play MP. And on player profiles, there are the usual fields to fill in MSN, Skype, and even ICQ...

So, with a "Twitch" field, that way it could be double checked against any in-game profiles since there's a json even for in game players. When generating the Stream JSON, perhaps? And not blindly trust twitch api output.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Oct 10, 2015 at 10:53 PM.

What about people like Hattersin who make replays while streaming?
Or Dengue who make toribash textures while streaming?
Regarding Free Play replay making, i'm not sure, but i'm guessing even that requires a login; to pull the player's textures and name etc. Texturemaking being listed as playing toribash, instead of "creative" or "art"...idk

So merely a suggestion, and pointing out a (small) flaw), since it's now possible to be playing any game, and still be listed on toribash.

Anyway, none of it is my problem, since it's possible to pull and compare both "players in game" and "streams" json by anyone wanting to, offsite, when required.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Oct 12, 2015 at 07:42 PM.