Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Becoming a Mod/Admin?
I was just wanted to know what are the general aspects of a good candidate to become a mod/admin?

Thanks, BOMBMII
Well, about admin, you need to be pretty respected around the community and probably of had a lot of experience before, as well as be an older member so you have a general idea of the forums and etc. It is a very rare chance that you, (this goes with pretty much everybody), will become admin, as you have a lot more responsibility rather than being a local mod etc.

By mod, I'm assuming you are talking about Super Moderators and stuff like that. Those guys are chosen more easily rather than Admins who are very carefully chosen. Anyone has a chance at becoming a moderator, as long as you know the position you are applying for and you have some experience around the forums. For example, someone that is more respected around the community and has a bunch of posts and an acceptable join date (probably '10 or earlier) has a greater chance than a new member who applied, but it also really depends on the application and whether it was very good or not. These positions are not to be taken lightly, because you are gaining power within a large community of people, and I'm pretty sure that everyone would like a stable section of staff members who know what they are doing, rather than some new guys trying out a position.

I hope I answered your question clearly enough.
~Faint
You can apply by sending a PM to a staff member of the same position you are applying for, but you probably should only apply when there are open spots, or your chances of getting in are a lot smaller.
Find someone with a Blue name, or red name and PM your application to them.

edit, dam ninja'd
Last edited by Shuckle; May 30, 2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: :<
Is there any example of application, or should i feel free and tell them what i think about job, i want to get?
ToP Fighter!
Try to beat my MINIBASH CHALLENGE!
Originally Posted by pizdu View Post
Is there any example of application, or should i feel free and tell them what i think about job, i want to get?

Applications are free-form, so you write it your self with no help.

I would suggest that if you are to apply for a position, that you take a lot of time writing it out in things like "Word" and stuff that has spell check.
You can apply for any position at any time. Application threads are just a means of notifying the community that spots are available.

As for apps, local mod should be sent to 1 and no more than 1 admin. Stuff like Msquad and Gm should be sent to the leader of the field or an admin who can pass it on to the correct person.

If you apply for local mod or a minor position via irc, an interview might be more fitting than just an app.

And apps? In my opinion, a good app should contain:
Basic Bio
Activity times
Experience
Why you fit the job

These are the basic things to put in an app. You can elaborate and give examples of leadership and stuff.