Toribash
Original Post
I need tips on how to make my run look smoother
I need tips on how to make my run look smoother. How to take equal sized steps in each step .and how to gain speed early in the start of my run ...I posted a replay below to help. Anymore tips you can give from seeing my replay would be nice.. Thanks :-)
Attached Files
ApeXrun.M.rpl (119.6 KB, 50 views)
Planetary
You seem to do pretty well so far and awesome that you posted a replay, too!
Try to extending your abs sometimes a little, too. For some time I tried to extend abs while getting my leg forward and contract abs while putting it down to the ground again. But I haven't run in quite some time and don't really remember how helpful that was. Best is to just adapt to the situation.
Especially in the end you are far too leaned over, you are almost falling over way earlier than you actual do and you just try to compensate with your mini steps. This normally means you are running not fast enough you have to make bigger steps to get a bit more below your body again. Running too fast makes your fall back so you have to figure out the middle.
Personally I hate running and it's just trial and error until you get a feeling at what pace you should place your foot where to neither run too fast or slow. You seem to have no problem with falling to either side so I won't cover that subject.
For the start you need those mini steps to get the momentum going unless you fall over some more and use your legs to push yourself already into running speed.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Hey you are actually really good!

For a smooth run you need to keep your back at the same position(angle), control your back using your legs. It's kinda hard for me to explain but I think you're smart enough to figure it out =D That's the fun part of running.

To make equal sized steps, your pecs and hips have to be balanced at all times. But this is close to impossible because for example when you extend and contract pecs, your chest which is on hold, starts to rotate by itself due to pecs. And also glutes tend to adjust by itself.

You already have a firm idea in running so all you need to do is practice x1000

I have an example replay for you:
Attached Files
xlr fast run.rpl (262.5 KB, 22 views)
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Actually you should stay pretty stiff. I don't see people wobbling around while running in real life. You should keep your body tension up and use hold.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube