Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Tex]Give Me Some Constructive Criticism
Okay, so some of you may know me, some of you dont. I've played Toribash for a while now, (even though I was inactive for a good stretch there) and I'm into art quite a bit. I've been working on this head for a few days now, it was originally for a request on the texture forums, but it simply wasn't the right style for the person who requested it, so I'm planning to turn this into one of the best sets I've made, just to see what I can accomplish. It isn't close to being done, but I'm looking for some constructive criticism and any tips/ideas on how to make it better. I'm planning to make it into a 512 set. Yes, it's mirrored right now, but I'm going to make both sides differ a bit once I get closer to finishing. Help an oldfag out here!

Program: Adobe Photoshop CS6

Colors I'm trying to match: Demon/Void, and Vamp

Thank you all!

It's the head texture, Man!

Last edited by Jetsnix; Jun 11, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
quite nice, however a few small things; you shouldn't mirror the detailing on the plates, it should be kept asymetrical so just take the little extra time to do both sides individually, also this may be a completely subjective thing but I'm not a fan of overlapping corners of plates, personally I believe that plating that fits together is much more aesthetically pleasing. Check any of clockwork8's heads for example, he is a master of robotic texturing.
The detail is nice, the look is terrible, the sides look half assed.
I do not like the back at all, eyes are a bit too big.
The coloring is nice, try to make the mirroring not so noticeable.
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
quite nice, however a few small things; you shouldn't mirror the detailing on the plates, it should be kept asymetrical so just take the little extra time to do both sides individually, also this may be a completely subjective thing but I'm not a fan of overlapping corners of plates, personally I believe that plating that fits together is much more aesthetically pleasing. Check any of clockwork8's heads for example, he is a master of robotic texturing.

Yeah, i'm planning to lay the whole head out first, and then work on fixing up both sides. As for plates that fit together, i'm planning to make another head that will be like that, once i get a tablet that is.
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
The detail is nice, the look is terrible, the sides look half assed.
I do not like the back at all, eyes are a bit too big.
The coloring is nice, try to make the mirroring not so noticeable.

Damn cold you hate me. Just kidding. Everyones entitled to their own opinion, haha the back is actually my favorite part of this set. And the eyes dont look right, i'm planning to redo them.
Originally Posted by DomDoDm60 View Post
Its Nice , But Will Make a Tutorial on This ?

Thanks, and maybe. If i have the time
To be honest, it's hard to tell how it is without a FULLY FRONT FACE PICTURE U SOM' BISH.
Also maybe make the background white.
ancient Moderated Message:
you've had the previous signature since 2019, i wonder how long it'll take you to notice this
I see a seam, I know you mirrored this but can you fix it maybe?
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!