Original Post
[VID] The Storm Is Coming
Hello Community,

There is my new video fully done on my new computer :

Soft used : Sony vegas pro, Fraps, Paint

Music : DJ Pablo - Storm Coming

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Really huge improvement, great job!

I like how your overlays are much more subtle compared to last time when it was really too much. It can still be improved by making it look like it fits the scene better, but right now it's still an improvement

Sync and stuff is nice, effects for the most part are really fitting

My only issue with the video is from 1:23 to 1:39, the pan/crop was really bad with the zooming in and out and rotating

Also remember to add the names of the replaymakers in the first post as part of the art board rules! (Including the people you parkoured with)
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Yeah nice work man, always some kind of improvement on your videos. If there was any issues with the videos I'd say there's a lack of Swepples in them. Spar me mate!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks guys

About the pan/crop, I checked that effect like 1000 times, to be sure everything is sync. The sync seems good but yeah, the effect is still weird (I showed that part to people who work in music and said the same), I was literaly forced to zoom in and out to avoid the picture show black part on sides...

And swepples, just find me when I'm ingame ;)

The mod is : cb_martial_arts_spar_cagev4

About the names, I will think about it for the next videos, I already erased replays used for this one and don't remember names.

The video looks very nice Mocucha, I hope to see more
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
Originally Posted by DiuwayBuns View Post
Nice improvement overall, Mocu. But it needs more stuff. Loved the last part tho.

this is excellent criticism

while i can say this is an improvement, i still don't find an interest in your videos

they can be long sure, but it seems like the only real reason to watch them is the replays themselves because of the limited editing, and whenever the replays don't seem very spectacular, 3 minutes for a video is pretty boring and feels completely unnecessary. I found your older videos like with largekilla and swexx to be nice not because of the video editing, but because the replays themselves are so well made they're entertaining. I'm glad you chilled out with the overlays in this because I've always thought they gave a false since of improvement, and a way to fake your videos editing to look new and well made even if they cluttered the screen and made the content hard to see. Your edits have been made more for quantity than quality, and I can easily tell that. I don't know if you're actually wanting to make anything visually impressive. If you're making these mostly because you have an audiance, then I'd suggest holding off on the 3-4 minute videos and maybe step back to learn new things with editing. I know I've said this to everyone but moving to after effects might be a good option if you're wanting to be an editor, because I don't feel like putting in time in something like this isn't much different than just linking your favorite replays in a group or straight up making a video dedicated to showcasing them in a format with no editing. I've seen editors here try to make longer videos with well edited content but no one has really done so besides datskip, but I don't think hes made multiple 4 minute long videos. All short clip editors I've really noticed has actually improved, and usually moved on to better things other than toribash, because there's only so many things you can do with the game before it becomes the same old thing over and over again, parkours will always have the same awkward movement and camera angles because not everyone is swexx, sparring with always have the uncoordinated movement unless you and your partner has a weird knack for it, but madmans usually have the most variety because they aren't bound to realism and I don't think anyone who makes parkours or spars want to step away from that. I can tell your most impressive parts in your videos is usually the mocucha intro but I don't think you made that, as you made your own and it got a lot of hate. Your syncing can be there, but really its only visually represented with a hard screenpump. The sounds you add make me feel like you put a lot of time into it, but it really just pushes the No Atmosphere thing a little bit further. But what do I know I haven't made a video in a while so anything I'm saying is probably wrong.

Your fonts still don't really fit, your pancrop looks like it was rushed to fit the 30 second+ quota
I can easily tell that this was done with sony vegas, it just has that weird not after effects poorly made vibe to it

[0:08]
I actually kind of like the opening intro, I just don't like the cc that doesn't feel like it fits well, and the font really ruins it because its just kind of..there.
First replay feels so abrupt its scary, the replay itself after further inspection doesn't really have anything worth watching, the ending itself you legit just tapped his butt and added a weird gross sound effect.

[0:32]
The transition through the cage would have been cool if it wasn't super laggy, which by the way why render at 60 fps? You have no motion blur from what I can tell and your video is constantly dipping below and it kind of hurts my head. 60fps will always look unnatural for edited videos and I believe almost all videos should be 30fps, sly supposedly says 48 fps is actually good but I haven't watched the video where he did that.
The pan to sun transition is alright because I've only seen one and its pretty smooth, but I can't tell how hard it would be to mess up considering everyone has been doing it for like, ever.

[0:43]
I thought everyone universally hated ground textures, why is it there?
The pan and crop on every hit with your constant sound effects gives a nice little feel to it, but I feel like it's kind of distracting me.

[0:50]
The next replay was pretty disappointing because the players movements were all over the place and did NOT fit the flow of the song, and was overall very very sloppy. I don't know if this is too picky of me, but I also feel like the other players set did not fit well at all.

[1:00]
Transition just didn't flow into the next scene well. But honestly your transitions never flow well, they always have a weird different pace than the replay before and after. It's just jarring. Me being replaymaker that stopped, I don't want to give criticism because this is more about the video, but jesus do NOT decap a head, let it roll away, chase after it for like 250 frames, just to toss it a round a little, and to top it off end it like you didn't even bother. It was just crazy awkward and it looked like you put it in for a filler replay to make the video long, but it feels like it lasts forever. It isn't entertaining by itself in a replay, and is definitely NOT entertaining in this video. Really, if you're going to make yourself a video, at least put finished replays instead of scraps or wips or whatever that was.

[1:14]
You focused on the slowly moving head to flash for transition, I actually don't think it would be all that bad if the replay before it wasn't included. This spar with the sticks or whatever I don't know what its actually called was pretty solid until the end, when it just kind of looked lazy. The thing with spars is that, after the other player ISN'T moving anymore, you can edit the replay to have a better, more smooth ending with infinite time. The camera angle before you panned into the sun was very awkward and wasn't really centered well. The transition was pretty boring as you basically did the same exact transition from the replay from before.

[1:24]
why. The tricking was pretty awful and looked like it was made in like 5 minutes. The pan and crop was so..so..so annoying... paired with the music yeah I guess it was kind of synced, but god damn is the song just a disaster. But I can't really complain about the song, although you should have chose something with a bit more life. This is very boring to listen to.
Did you even change the overlay at all to fit more with the pan and crop?

[1:32]
The Transition to the next replay was okay besides the shader still losing it's shit in the bottom left corner http://i.imgur.com/HD4i3FQ.png
You still have this cringy pan and crop, but this scene also has pretty bad camera work along with a mediocre replay. The camera at the very end was pretty obnoxious because I can't tell what to focus on.

I actually don't mind this transition.

[1:42]
I don't like parkour replays in videos. I've never really seen them done well ever, so I strongly believe unless you have an innovative idea, don't use them. Also you left the other guy you were making that in the dust lol

[1:59]
Legit question, did you actually every change the cc in this at ALL during the video? I can't tell with the stuff you make. The overlays usually overpower any cc you fucking put on it because you can't add overlays to complete videos. They. Won't. Work. It gives a very cheap feel to all of your videos.
The transition to the replay after the parkour is pretty frustrating. Usually I hate transitions where they pan to the side of the shader because it's almost always without any flow and it's always used by everybody, but this transition didn't even have the shader line up properly because they were 2 different shaders. I don't think this worked at all.
Again I hate saying this but I don't feel like this replay fit at all. I know your videos are known as you being the "spar/parkour" guy, but come on. These replays just look poorly made.

[2:07]
I actually like this transition.
This replay was pretty bad as well, but I actually enjoyed the ending to it.

[2:17]
You used the same transition again. Why
I actually enjoy the use of a regular mp replay because we barely see them, but I actually can barely see this one too because of the camera work. Why is it so low to the ground?

[2:21]
I don't care about this transition, its fine.
Whats with the effects used with this replay?
I'm also guessing its another multiplayer replay because of the openers which is cool, but you showed the highlight of the replay(The decap) then left it going for a little bit longer to add this weird effect at the end

[2:25]
Once again I don't really believe in parkour replays, but this wasn't the work thing ever. I enjoyed the way the replay ended with the song, but I don't enjoy the effect you used on your tori or whatever because I'm pretty sure you didn't make it and it looks bad. It's a neat idea though if you made it look good and actually put time into making it.
I don't like this black screen vignette thing, it looks really fucked up.

[2:37]
I believe the video should have ended here so I'm done giving my thoughts about it.

While I say your videos aren't the worst thing ever, I really irritates me that I can't actually say you're learning or improving or something from watching your content over time. Your overlays really should stop. You need to work on your cc. Your camera is fairly good but it isn't always great.

If you remember in this thread you can be very stubborn. I don't want to be a nut buster but come on. You've been making videos like this for very long. People say they enjoy your stuff either because they don't mind watching a 3 minute long toribash video and can't see what it takes to make a video and assume you are a GOD, or they're dick riding because they hope someday, SOMEBODY would make them any kind of video. I appreciate art, I like seeing amazing things, things that wow me, things that make me inspired. This makes me frustrated. If anyone disagrees go ahead, and any art board mod please don't edit this post and remove anything, feels like this needs to be said ROFLLL

tldr best video ive ever seen, when can you make a video about me? 8=>~

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
I was literaly forced to zoom in and out to avoid the picture show black part on sides...

I mean yeah that's kinda what you do for pan and crop...
Last edited by cat; Mar 20, 2016 at 05:22 PM.
Honestly, the whole edit picked up at 1:23. The brown belt backflip opener went hard, and what came after it was absolutely spectacular. The screen pumps intensified the whole edit, and the rotation of the camera was absolutely astonishing. You're literally the most underrated editor I've ever seen. The smoke was a great addition for all of your OG smokey pothead viewers out there, and the music seemingly matched the edit's circumstances perfectly (sounded like something you'd see in a "parkour/MMA/PEOPLEAREAWESOME montage"). You really need to fix your textures though, you look like a wet, brown sock. Start a kick starter campaign for funding, if you want new textures of course. Overall though, great video!
Last edited by Hypez; Mar 20, 2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Don't listen to uhm, this video is loco. She's just some sort of aesthetic guardian.
Originally Posted by uhm View Post
~snip~

I came here to applaud mocucha for making a decent video, but instead i have to applaud you for this piece of cnc you gave him.

Holy shit it has been so long since i've seen such in-depth cnc here on the forums. Keep it up, proud of ya!

DatSkip Moderated Message:
Havu pls this is a place to post cnc not cnc on cnc
Last edited by DatSkip; Mar 20, 2016 at 05:49 PM.