Toribash
Original Post
Allow replay viewing while in-lobby
Waiting in queue and viewing replays should be supported in-game. Leaving the lobby to view your replay should be a thing of the past. Replays should have better sort options and exporting replays need in game support.

converting to mp4 with native support would be a lifesaver, do not point me in the direction of the workaround, I've heard it already and my point still stands. Regardless that suggestion is essentially flavortext to the original idea, it is more important to me that viewing replays doesn't boot you from lobbies.
walah walah muda muda
Originally Posted by jsph View Post
it's totally possible fwiw but not by saving a replay as a different file format

A Separate program to do that can be made, the dev team didn't decide that was what would be best for there game at the time, regardless the topic is more about the TITLE OF THE OP
-----
also, replays that the other player still moves when you edit your turns would be a cool feature too.
Last edited by Shogunna; 4 Days Ago at 03:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
walah walah muda muda
Originally Posted by Shogunna View Post
also, replays that the other player still moves when you edit your turns would be a cool feature too.

what exactly do u think happens when u touch the "other player" that is still moving in the "replay"?
the fame monster
dancing with my dogs past my bedtime
Originally Posted by kani View Post
what exactly do u think happens when u touch the "other player" that is still moving in the "replay"?

They should continue "inputting" their original moves.
walah walah muda muda
They should continue "inputting" their original moves.

Yeah, so after the first impact they will fall on the floor and wiggle around not doing any of the stuff that they did in their "original moves"
the fame monster
Originally Posted by kani View Post
Yeah, so after the first impact they will fall on the floor and wiggle around not doing any of the stuff that they did in their "original moves"

this is factually incorrect. The data would continue and only touching them would move them off axis, resulting in awkward movement but the same move commands and that is
exactly what I am asking for. Too many striking replays result in nobody touching eachother at the lower levels.

New players would benefit greatly if they can learn exactly what they did to move towards the opponent while also still dodging their original moves, or when an opponent stands still and then decides to move they'll be able to see if they could've got to them faster.

It's kind of common sense to actually see it that way in the first place. It's why they made 'comeback practice' in the first place, this is just a better step in the same direction.
walah walah muda muda
this is factually incorrect. The data would continue and only touching them would move them off axis, resulting in awkward movement but the same move commands

Lol, as I said, they will wiggle on the floor not performing any of the moves that they did in the original replay + you can already do this just by using rather simple lua scripts

You must be trolling at this point ngl

Here, enjoy.

respar.lua

load some of the best players replays into the script and play against them and let us all know how much fun and of use you had playing against a script that just wiggles on the floor aimlessly after touching it once
Last edited by kani; 3 Days Ago at 11:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
the fame monster
ok this has derailed from the original thread purpose quite a bit by now

We don't have plans to allow simultaneous multiplayer + free play replay viewing within same game instance. That requires pretty extensive architectural changes to game backend and isn't really worth the effort.
You can view replays while idling in a MP room by running a second game instance which is a method that's been there pretty much forever. With the Steam version that'd be toribashSP.exe and with standalone that'd be the regular toribash.exe.