Toribash
Original Post
Allow replay viewing while in-lobby
Waiting in queue and viewing replays should be supported in-game. Leaving the lobby to view your replay should be a thing of the past. Replays should have better sort options and exporting replays need in game support.

converting to mp4 with native support would be a lifesaver, do not point me in the direction of the workaround, I've heard it already and my point still stands. Regardless that suggestion is essentially flavortext to the original idea, it is more important to me that viewing replays doesn't boot you from lobbies.
walah walah muda muda
Originally Posted by Shogunna View Post

converting to mp4 with native support would be a lifesaver, do not point me in the direction of the workaround, I've heard it already and my point still stands.

how many times does this have to be reiterated to you? have you worked it in your head at all? have you *seen* what replay files actually are? they're literally just coordinates and shit dude
Originally Posted by jsph View Post
how many times does this have to be reiterated to you? have you worked it in your head at all? have you *seen* what replay files actually are? they're literally just coordinates and shit dude

I UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY SPECIFICALLY, THERE IS STILL THE POSSIBILITY TO CREATE CODE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SAVE THE REPLAY AGAIN AND EXPORT IT.

"SAVE AS..." HAS BEEN A THING FOR DECADES

ANOTHER TORIBASH WINDOW OPENS UP SHOWS YOU THE CODE AND ASKS YOU "WOULD YOU LIKE THIS REPLAY TO BE AT WHICH FORMAT"

I like the devs at Nabi personally, so not to really disparage the team but

I MUST BE GODDAMN WOZNIACK,

REGARDLESS, I STILL AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THAT ASPECT IN THIS POST, PLEASE READ TITLE OF THE POST I MADE THAT YOU REPLIED TO.
walah walah muda muda
Waiting in queue and viewing replays should be supported in-game. Leaving the lobby to view your replay should be a thing of the past. Replays should have better sort options and exporting replays need in game support.

converting to mp4 with native support would be a lifesaver, do not point me in the direction of the workaround, I've heard it already and my point still stands. Regardless that suggestion is essentially flavortext to the original idea, it is more important to me that viewing replays doesn't boot you from lobbies.

I'm aware you said "don't tell me a workaround" but by the sounds of it you might not have heard of this one.

I watch replays sitting in lobbies all the time, just go to your local files and find the rpl you want to watch. Right click it and press open with, then find your toribash file directory and open it using "ToribashSP" then every time you double click on a replay it'll open in ToribashesSP client and won't boot you from the lobby
Don't be afraid to pm me with any questions you may have.

Alternatively, you can dm me on discord username: Death29
Originally Posted by Death29 View Post
I'm aware you said "don't tell me a workaround" but by the sounds of it you might not have heard of this one.

I watch replays sitting in lobbies all the time, just go to your local files and find the rpl you want to watch. Right click it and press open with, then find your toribash file directory and open it using "ToribashSP" then every time you double click on a replay it'll open in ToribashesSP client and won't boot you from the lobby

This is the workaround I found to be the most helpful, thanks
walah walah muda muda
Originally Posted by Death29 View Post

i assumed this guy knew what multiclienting was, and wanted a way to view replays in the same client without being disconnected from the lobby

I UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY SPECIFICALLY, THERE IS STILL THE POSSIBILITY TO CREATE CODE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SAVE THE REPLAY AGAIN AND EXPORT IT.

"SAVE AS..." HAS BEEN A THING FOR DECADES

ANOTHER TORIBASH WINDOW OPENS UP SHOWS YOU THE CODE AND ASKS YOU "WOULD YOU LIKE THIS REPLAY TO BE AT WHICH FORMAT"

I like the devs at Nabi personally, so not to really disparage the team but

I MUST BE GODDAMN WOZNIACK,

REGARDLESS, I STILL AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THAT ASPECT IN THIS POST, PLEASE READ TITLE OF THE POST I MADE THAT YOU REPLIED TO.

i cannot stress this enough

if i turned a .txt file into an .mp4 file what do you think would happen? do you think a video of the text would magically appear
Originally Posted by jsph View Post
i assumed this guy knew what multiclienting was, and wanted a way to view replays in the same client without being disconnected from the lobby

i cannot stress this enough

if i turned a .txt file into an .mp4 file what do you think would happen? do you think a video of the text would magically appear

If you don't understand how coding works, just say that.
walah walah muda muda
If you don't understand how coding works, just say that.

there is literally 0 chance in hell you've ever worked with a programming language that isn't some script kiddie shit if you think you can make toribash replays viewable as videos by changing their file format to mp4. this is an elaborate troll, surely. this isn't even the first time someone has told you that you don't know what you're talking about on this SPECIFIC suggestion. it's like you absorbed none of what was said to you in that conversation and you blissfully kept this fantastical idea in your head that toribash replays are more than just literal coordinates in a text file
It is a limitation to the medium, the fact that you can't see it's taking some innovation that just isn't worth developer time (which is already a consensus I can get behind) stop telling me the shit is flat out impossible because it isn't. It's a small dev team doing the best they can.
-----
regardless, please stay on topic with the OP.
Last edited by Shogunna; 6 Days Ago at 08:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
walah walah muda muda
It is a limitation to the medium, the fact that you can't see it's taking some innovation that just isn't worth developer time (which is already a consensus I can get behind) stop telling me the shit is flat out impossible because it isn't. It's a small dev team doing the best they can.
-----
regardless, please stay on topic with the OP.

it's totally possible fwiw but not by saving a replay as a different file format