Ranking
Yeah I'm running the game on a fairly cheap laptop and it's well over 100 FPS. If you're interested it's actually on sale on Steam, 40% off.
collect snots from the nose
I told Gynx how to play Fuerte. He promptly bodied me for the next hour while I struggled to come up with a solution to the monstrosity I birthed.

I didn't come up with one. Even the gief lariats couldn't stop it.

I'm so sorry ;_;
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Been playing a few new people for me. Getting pretty keen on Decapre and Rufus (as much as I say he's troll, he's pretty good).

Next tourney we do, I'm going to be swapping out a few people once I learn them. If that's okay of course.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Yeah I'm running the game on a fairly cheap laptop and it's well over 100 FPS. If you're interested it's actually on sale on Steam, 40% off.

Thanks. I bought it already! Gonna play soon.
Damn. This game is tough enough for me.
What device you using for playing this game? Keyboard? Gamepad (d-pad or stick)?
Also, how to git gud?
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I told Gynx how to play Fuerte. He promptly bodied me for the next hour while I struggled to come up with a solution to the monstrosity I birthed.

I didn't come up with one. Even the gief lariats couldn't stop it.

I'm so sorry ;_;

For fighting el fuerte all you have to do is keep blocking and wait for them to mess up a splash or grab, then follow up with medium kick, greenhand, etc Also focus attacks are guarded against splashes.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
See, that would work, if only in the hour I played against him he missed more than 5 grabs. It's really hard to miss El Fuerte's command grabs if you use the backdash version, as a jump to avoid it just opens you up to an anti-air when he lands, standing and blocking is just hoping they can't aim a huge ass hitbox, and moving forward is just asking for a simple punish instead of the command grab. The only reasonable choice is a forward jump anti-air, but you have to react to the dash to input in time, and that could just open you up to a cancel into antiair.

Part of the problem was I was playing Abel most of the time, so it's an even matchup in theory, but it required me knowing Abel's forward medium kick dash setup. Which I did not know at the time. So I couldn't punish splashes.

A shoryuken character would probably fair better, as you could at least trade wakeup splash or stop wakeup grab with a shoryu to reset the mixup game.
Originally Posted by CroKO View Post
Damn. This game is tough enough for me.
What device you using for playing this game? Keyboard? Gamepad (d-pad or stick)?
Also, how to git gud?

PLAY. We all suck to a varying degree but you'd be surprised how some of the guys who picked up the game way after us (to name a couple, SigmaPhi and Faint) caught up super quick. SigmaPhi practically bodied me in the first final of our tournament and Moonshake (who had the game for a total of 24 hours) destroyed too. Also, I use a PS4 controller but I have a stick & alternate between the two.

Originally Posted by ManlyPotato View Post
For fighting el fuerte all you have to do is keep blocking and wait for them to mess up a splash or grab, then follow up with medium kick, greenhand, etc Also focus attacks are guarded against splashes.

Shut up don't teach them how to kill my Fuerte!

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Part of the problem was I was playing Abel most of the time, so it's an even matchup in theory, but it required me knowing Abel's forward medium kick dash setup. Which I did not know at the time. So I couldn't punish splashes.

A shoryuken character would probably fair better, as you could at least trade wakeup splash or stop wakeup grab with a shoryu to reset the mixup game.

I played against SigmaPhi and Phail with my Fuerte and they did pretty well, I think I ended up taking most matchups but when facing characters that aren't primarily grapplers (the ones that you play) I have a lot more trouble getting in.
Also, learn ryu. Doesn't matter if you hate playing as him, at least understand how he works. You'll pretty much learn a third of the roster by doing so.
So, seeing as we haven't played in a week or so, how about another tournament? Should be hilarious.

Same rules as last time, set for some time next Sunday? (21st Dec). I haven't given much thought to the doubles tournament and wouldn't know how to make it work without some help so I thought we'd just bang together another round of the tried and true - sign up here and I'll sort out the rest. Also, if you can't make a certain date/time let us know and we'll discuss it, I'm very flexible.