Toribash
Original Post
Ultra Street Fighter IV

FISTS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION!

If you haven't been living under a rock since the late '80s then you've heard of the Street Fighter series. Ultra Street Fighter IV is the latest and greatest iteration and currently has a loyal following across 3 platforms - Xbox, Playstation and PC. Take control of one of the 44 playable characters and kick the ever-loving shit out of your pals for an amazing competitive (read as: you're going to get hella salty) experience. Toribash has a handful of people that I know who play and I'm sure there's a few more amongst you that must want to kick the shit out of us as much as we want to kick the shit out of you!

Here's the trailer:

Still on the fence? So was I, here's the latest video from Ultra Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross - you might not know everything that they're talking about (and neither did I when I started) but if you find this interesting to watch then it's a good indication as to whether or not you'd like to play the game with friends. I began this way and now I know what they're talking about at the very least - even though I'm not on their level at all.

Excellent Adventures video

Now that's done and you've bought Ultra Street Fighter (that's right, you don't have a choice. Go buy it. Now.) We can get into the good stuff. Here's the current roster list of characters in Ultra, you may want to start with one in particular before branching out. Once you've chosen a character you'd like to main, check out their move-list and put it into action in-game. It may seem daunting at first, but a lot of us are still fairly new to this game so we can all be bad together.

Roster list (click the picture)

Want to throw down with someone? Let us know what platform you play on and how to contact you - here's a list of people who have shared their information and are waiting to beat your ass!

PC (Steam):
Gynx
Mwah
Rai
Sid
Oracle
ManlyPotato
Phail
Faint
SigmaPhi
Ed
Chuck
Bishop
Rittu
Moonshake
Siku
CrokO

X360:
/NONE

PS3
/NONE

Want to participate in an upcoming Tournament? The details are all below.

Skill Level (Brackets)

Rules

Archive [LB]

Got something you want to talk about? Feel free to post here with anything Street Fighter related - bugs, patches, new content, techniques, awesome games, tournament results, the pro scene, any self-organised or local endless lobbies/tournaments, help/input tips or character discussion - it's all welcome so long as it's relevant.

Oh, and if you perfected someone from the forum you have to post the game here, else it didn't happen. It's the law.

Join us on IRC: #fistswillfly

Last edited by Gynx; Mar 22, 2015 at 04:51 AM.
collect snots from the nose
I have it, but I'm hella bad. I haven't done multiplayer with it before because of just how ass I am, and I have no idea who I'd want to main. Does the PC version use your Steam info for multiplayer, or does it use something else?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Yeah, the Steam version uses Steam friends to invite people into games. Also, most of us are pretty ass, I thought I was middle of the road until I went online and got totally decimated by everyone I played. I haven't won a single game of ranked, haha. I currently just run endless lobbies with Rai, Phail & sid mainly. Occasionally some other guys tag along (namely rittu and Mwah) but we're open to the prospect of new blood playing. We have a mumble so we can shit talk each other which makes the matches pretty entertaining. If you're so bad you don't know even the fundamentals you might find yourself losing a lot everywhere you go, but there's no other way to learn. We've all just about started out and are still experimenting with new characters (unless you're Rai and never play anyone else but Rolento) so if you're looking to learn you should jump in when we play.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I have it, but I'm hella bad. I haven't done multiplayer with it before because of just how ass I am, and I have no idea who I'd want to main. Does the PC version use your Steam info for multiplayer, or does it use something else?

Yeah, i'm really bad as well, but it's extremely fun if you play with friends who are a similar skill level.

It's too hard to find people who are bad at the game online though, they all seem to play training, story, or not play at all. (I have like 6 wins 35 losses online) Still a blast though, especially those times where you beat the 50-100th ranked Ryu when you know they're 10x better than you :P.

That was quite a while ago, maybe I should start playing again.
S A D B O Y S
K then, my current Steam name is Hard Working Potato Farmer, I'll see if I remember how to play anybody. I'm probably on the Steam Toribash group, if that's still even used anymore.
Gynx wants me to get this game so I will. I'll add ya later buddy. I've always been a MK and SC player and this can't be too different. Looking forward getting this

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

El Fuerte/Abel confirmed best characters, also fuck ibuki. We gotta fight sometime
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
I remember now why I felt like I couldn't do anything in this game .-. I feel like I'm using the right inputs but my stick is sensitive so I'm accidentally inputting quarter circle forward out of a forward shoryuken incredibly often because I just barely pushed too much forward, and you can't pre-input something during a prior animation, and the timing for any combo has such a small window. So much precision, such tears of frustration ;_; my fat hands aren't dexterous.