Toribash
Original Post
I need your help with this epic project.
new event, toribash vs street fighter...

first, we need judges.
next, we need admin approval
third, we need confirmed contestants.

i was thinking we could do a competition with teams. three members or less per team (less members = more tc to each).

-first round would consist of making street fighter character sets, or inspired by street fighter sets,
-the next challenge would be to make several replays consisting of admins battling the toris with the sets they just made on them
(if you made a cammy set, for example, you might have a replay of hampa and a tori with the cammy set battling),
finally, the teams would be challenged to edit all the replays into a video for their team!

they would be judged by
a. the quality of the sets.
b. the quality of the battles.
c. the overall video quality. all teams must make the sets and replays from scratch.

rewards:

1st place=50k tc

2nd place=25k tc
(donated by apple) i don't have enough tc for more at the moment. your suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!

oh, and one more thing... ultras are encouraged.
if you don't know what an ultra is, search for street fighter ultras on youtube.

toribash side:
skulfuk*
BlakNWyte*
kitfox**
ishi*

street fighter side:
cammy*
makoto*
dan*
chun-li*
cody*
Ryu*

JUDGES:
aceunlimited*
Rutzor*
tempo**

NOTE: all of these are subject to change, i am just narrowing down the candidates... if you don't see a person you think would be awesome, just let me know.

**=these entries are confirmed, but not 100% yet.
*=these entries are 100% confirmed.

so now i need:
1. more input as to which street fighter characters to allow in the team's roster.
2. a banner.
3. more comments like "i think thats awesome, BUT..."
because i need to know if i am digging my event's grave here by being too ambitious, or making some huge mistake.
Last edited by lampshade; Apr 30, 2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: changed street fighters

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
i have yet to decide on a start\end date, so wait until it actually starts! but i appreciate your enthusiasm.

WE NEED A BANNER, ASAP.
Last edited by lampshade; Apr 26, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
hey D.J,

I'm glad to see that people are willing to pitch in for this. Since you told me the details about the project, I'm pretty excited about seeing how this will turn out especially since SSF4 is coming out tomorrow; I can help you out more once I get used to the game. Hope all goes well
Last edited by AceUnlimited; Apr 26, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
Dude, lampshade

edit the first post it is horrible to read.
sth like that:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new event, toribash vs street fighter...

first, we need judges.
next, we need admin approval
third, we need confirmed contestants.

i was thinking we could do a competition with teams. three members or less per team (less members = more tc to each).

-first round would consist of making street fighter character sets, or inspired by street fighter sets,
-the next challenge would be to make several replays consisting of admins battling the toris with the sets they just made on them
(if you made a cammy set, for example, you might have a replay of hampa and a tori with the cammy set battling),
finally, the teams would be challenged to edit all the replays into a video for their team!

they would be judged by
a. the quality of the sets.
b. the quality of the battles.
c. the overall video quality. all teams must make the sets and replays from scratch.

rewards:

1st place=50k tc

2nd place=25k tc
(donated by apple) i don't have enough tc for more at the moment. your suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!

oh, and one more thing... ultras are encouraged.
if you don't know what an ultra is, search for street fighter ultras on youtube.

toribash side:
skulfuk*
BlakNWyte*
kitfox**
ishi*
street fighter side:
cammy*
makoto*
dan*
chun-li*
cody*
Ryu*
JUDGES:
aceunlimited*
Rutzor*
tempo**

NOTE: all of these are subject to change, i am just narrowing down the candidates... if you don't see a person you think would be awesome, just let me know.

**=these entries are confirmed, but not 100% yet.
*=these entries are 100% confirmed.

so now i need:
1. more input as to which street fighter characters to allow in the team's roster.
2. a banner.
3. more comments like "i think thats awesome, BUT..."
because i need to know if i am digging my event's grave here by being too ambitious, or making some huge mistake.
My deviantART
so wut?