Toribash
Original Post
I need your help with this epic project.
new event, toribash vs street fighter...

first, we need judges.
next, we need admin approval
third, we need confirmed contestants.

i was thinking we could do a competition with teams. three members or less per team (less members = more tc to each).

-first round would consist of making street fighter character sets, or inspired by street fighter sets,
-the next challenge would be to make several replays consisting of admins battling the toris with the sets they just made on them
(if you made a cammy set, for example, you might have a replay of hampa and a tori with the cammy set battling),
finally, the teams would be challenged to edit all the replays into a video for their team!

they would be judged by
a. the quality of the sets.
b. the quality of the battles.
c. the overall video quality. all teams must make the sets and replays from scratch.

rewards:

1st place=50k tc

2nd place=25k tc
(donated by apple) i don't have enough tc for more at the moment. your suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!

oh, and one more thing... ultras are encouraged.
if you don't know what an ultra is, search for street fighter ultras on youtube.

toribash side:
skulfuk*
BlakNWyte*
kitfox**
ishi*

street fighter side:
cammy*
makoto*
dan*
chun-li*
cody*
Ryu*

JUDGES:
aceunlimited*
Rutzor*
tempo**

NOTE: all of these are subject to change, i am just narrowing down the candidates... if you don't see a person you think would be awesome, just let me know.

**=these entries are confirmed, but not 100% yet.
*=these entries are 100% confirmed.

so now i need:
1. more input as to which street fighter characters to allow in the team's roster.
2. a banner.
3. more comments like "i think thats awesome, BUT..."
because i need to know if i am digging my event's grave here by being too ambitious, or making some huge mistake.
Last edited by lampshade; Apr 30, 2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: changed street fighters

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Exie, thanks, i would like to get some approval, and make some final adjustments before i start advertising... but when Toribash vs Street Fighter is about to go down, i will call on you.

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Lamp, if I was you, I'd decrease prizes for now. 50k for first, 25k for second, and so on. Is there a character list of some sort?
Thanks.
ok, ok, i will change the prizes. and the character list is, at least for the street fighter side is all of the super street fighter four characters, of course, you don't have to use every one, two would be acceptable.

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Originally Posted by firebolt309 View Post
Now how exactly will you bring street fighters to toribash?

the finished product of this event would be some full street fighter sets, and a few street fighter vs toribash videos... also, who wouldn't want to see hampa's ultra move... or would you not like to see a match between, say, kitfox and cammy...

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
toribash side:
hampa
skulfuk
BlakNWyte
street fighter side:
juri
cammy
deejay
balrog
dan
cody
ryu
*note: all of these are subject to change, i am just narrowing down the candidates... if you don't see a person you think would be awesome, just let me know.

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
can i be a contestant? ill get a partner..
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.