Ranking
Tell me why? I need to know. Metal isn't like what it used to be. It has moved from underground and taken from stupid ass producers who like to shit on stuff.
also fuck bono. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Avenged Sevenfold wasn't the only one. The whole line of melodic bands who again over uses the harmonic minor.
Last edited by Conjurer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:20 AM.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Lmao.

You're probably a huge disgrace to the maybe three intelligent serious metal fans that I've met.

Seconded. Only I've met one.
Originally Posted by Conjurer View Post
Okay Shitty music consists of a few major components that make it shit inn the first place.

The over done riffs and the over use of the harmonic minor.
The annoying screaming vocals that just sound bad no matter how anyone does it.
The sudden clean vocals when everything is metal not like it wasn't good in the first place.
The genericness of all these bands.
They haven't been improving anythihg, but merely destroying it by adding effects to the vocalists voice and having some stupid beat under it.
The lyrics suck utters.
There is nothing new about these kind of bands
They are all a like in many, many, many, many, many ways.
At least Death Metal and Thrash Metal had some diversity in it.

Avenged Sevenfold is metal wether you like it or not. The riffs say it all.
My opinion is biased to the fucking max. As I said this is a rant.

BIASED OPINION IS BIASED.

Sure, some of that is true, but you can't judge all of those, its all a matter of opinion. Lyrics can not appeal to one, and be great for another.
Seriously the lyrics have nothing to say. Unless you like to hear about martyrs which is an over done subject. And spore liking the shit you explained is actually a disgrace to metal. Bands such as Death during their melodic era was good. You know why? Because his riffs didn't sound like some other riff that you probably heard quite a few times before.

Individual Thought Patterns
The Sound Of Perseverance

Both of those albums were great because he didn't throw in generic ideas that most death metal bands did.

Now I'm gonna go play Call Of Cthulhu Dark Corners Of The Earth. See you guys later. Also check thses bands out.

Coroner - R.I.P.
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony (Cheesy vocalist. It's laughable)
Testament - The New Order

those are example of bands who have a melodic touch in their music, but NOT over done.
Last edited by Conjurer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
Dude, did you even read what I said? Thats YOUR opinion. You can't go around stating it as truth, some people appreciate those lyrics, just because you don't doesn't mean everyone has to hate it too. And overuse of Harmonic Minor? Ehhhhh, not really, thats like saying, "overuse of electric guitar"

EDIT: You editted your post. You seem to only care about the guitar riffs of the songs, and thats how you rate it. Me, being a guitarist, can see your point of view, but you are so enclosed in the riffs that you dont pay attention to the final product. Breaking a song into pieces can make it sound awful, but its the entire song together what counts.
Last edited by Megadoomer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Best thread ever.

Conj, buddy, get your shit together. I don't give a flying fuck if my music is "a disgrace to metal". I don't even dig that much metal. My point was that your stupid-ass rantings are embarrassing to smart, intelligent people that happen to share some of your musical tastes.
You listen to that shit? I thought you were more intelligent than to listen to them. Seriously if you don't know much metal then you are unqualified to even talk about this and why it fucked metal over. I also prefer to be called Conjurer not Conj like some fat guy who ran out of breath typing. If yo knew something about metal you would know the turning point is in the 90s when melodic bands starting multiplying like the asians. Carcass was the first melodic band, but they sucked except the song Heartwork. Their albums before that are a lot better and not so soft.
Last edited by Conjurer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:40 AM.
Conjurer: lrn2opinion.

example: "Oh, you listen to black sabbath! Black sabbath is the worst band ever! You suck because you listen to Black Sabbath"

Your opinion doesn't change others, so don't attempt to.

Also, gg
Last edited by Megadoomer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:42 AM.
Megadoomer I am very observant with my ears. with years of tuning my ears and listening under-produced albums. Riffs aren't the only thing. As I said the vocals and the riffs and the weird effects. The drumming is alright, but not cool in anyway.

You should be here for history because you obviously don't know much about metal. Like seriousy I see you know much about the 60s and 70s and probably before that, but you know little of the metal of the 80s and early 90s.

example: "Oh, you listen to black sabbath! Black sabbath is the worst band ever! You suck because you listen to Black Sabbath"

Horrible example. I gave reasons that was a youtube comment.
Last edited by Conjurer; Jul 17, 2009 at 01:53 AM.