Ranking
oh yes, I'm sorry.

<@destiny> well
<@destiny> tell him to redownload his graphics card drivers
<@destiny> and update them if necessary

This is for windows:

If you have a notebook or laptop computer:

You should visit the website of the notebook manufacturer to download the latest driver.

If you have a desktop or workstation computer:

Before you can update the graphics driver, you need to know what kind of graphics card you have. For more information about how to find out what graphics card you have in your PC, click here.

Once you know the kind of graphics card you have, visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. Here are links for downloading drivers from the most common graphics card manufacturers:

* NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
* ATI from AMD: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
* Intel: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/

Mac OS X

1. Click the Apple.
2. On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update."
3. If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a graphics driver update, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.

Credits to Google Sketch

If you need anymore or have more questions regarding this topic, please continue.
Last edited by Aspire; Apr 27, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

So i just need to update My graphics Card and Then it'll be fixed?
The soul should fly from me, and i will turn into an brutish beast -Marlowe, Dr. Faustus
More or less, yes. Though sometimes drivers are not capable of running Toribash even if they were updated. Try it first.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

i checked. and it says that my graphics card has the latest update
The soul should fly from me, and i will turn into an brutish beast -Marlowe, Dr. Faustus
Are you using the same settings as before the reboot? No extra shaders or visual effects are on?

Also, I did a full reboot earlier this week, and I remember that a lot of default Windows applications (eg Windows Messenger, Norton Antivirus, etc) were running by themselves and sucking up processing power. Look through your programs and uninstall any that were added by the reboot in case they're starting up automatically and slowing down Toribash.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Only Norton vas installed but i dont want to remove it because IF i dont have antivirus this time the computer Will be as fucked up as last time
That may be your problem. Norton is pretty inefficient and a crappy antivirus in general, and it can sometimes suck up enough memory to slow down programs like Toribash.

I would recommend downloading Avira Antivirus and uninstalling Norton. Also: I know that after a full system recovery, your computer automatically starts downloading all of the updates that have been released since the computer's manufacturing date, since it loses any updates it has previously downloaded, during a system recovery. This is probably contributing to your lag, since downloads can slow down Toribash as well.

Finally, make sure all of your drivers are up to date- they may have been restored to their original states by the system recovery. Download the latest drivers for your video and audio cards.

^If you do all of this and see no changes in TB's performance, try opening up task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and go to the "Processes" tab; check to make sure that there aren't any background programs sucking up memory (if a program is taking up, say, more than 50,000 K of memory, it'll be slowing down TB)
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.