Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Monitor going black on java irc client may be because of 2 reasons.
1. You do not have java installed on your computer.
2. You are running an ancient crappy network card, such as netgear FA311(which doesn't even have XP support.)

However, if you mean the area going black where the image of the web page is, it means you do not have java installed on your computer, OR you have overzealous firewall(guh...) / router( like zyxel. ) / anti virus program running on your computer. (such as norton). Norton for one, actually has a hidden firewall within it, dubbed as ''internet worm protection''. All it does is hides your IP and acts as a weak secondary firewall, which is only a nuisance, really.

Now tell me;
What antivirus do you have?
What firewall do you have?
What router do you have?
Have java installed?
What what? In the butt.
Antivirus/Firewall = Windows Live OneCare

I have no router. I have dialup.

I'm currently installing Java. Not sure whether or not I had it before.

I usually don't do much on the internet since I have dialup. >:[

@Zimpy - I've already tried that. But thanks anyway. :]
Last edited by Jsoh; Feb 7, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
I'M FED UP WITH THIS WORLD
Live onecare? You're running a -VISTA-? No wonder you're having problems. That's an abomination of a O/S when it comes to compatibility with anything. I'm afraid i can't give any vista support myself, as i am more than fed up with the system :P It doesn't even let the admin(aka root) do everything on the computer :P But in any case, you need to poke around with the security settings in Vista alot, to even be able to disable or fully forward ports in it properly, i hear.
What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by Jsoh View Post
@Samule - Toribash.com/chat makes my monitor go black..except for my cursor..idk why. The same thing happens with LimeWire..So that's a no go.

Holy cow man... I think you need some computer help!
Oh, right. That's why you posted here...
Well, I have a Mac so I can't help you much but I bet it can be fixed.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Originally Posted by Foxie View Post
Live onecare? You're running a -VISTA-? No wonder you're having problems. That's an abomination of a O/S when it comes to compatibility with anything. I'm afraid i can't give any vista support myself, as i am more than fed up with the system :P It doesn't even let the admin(aka root) do everything on the computer :P But in any case, you need to poke around with the security settings in Vista alot, to even be able to disable or fully forward ports in it properly, i hear.

No no no. Of course I'm not running vista. The word makes me vomit. I've vomited twice already. No I have a XP that was just before Vista was released.
I have OneCare. But an XP. :]
Ah, to my knowledge Windows Live onecare is software ment for vista.
In that case, it's merely the process of obtaining the java, and then forwarding ports and seeing what happens.
Here's a good address. http://www.portforward.com/
What what? In the butt.
EDIT

Lol..if you saw what I had here before, sorry. :]

Well I tried toribash.com/chat and it failed to get into asia.toribash.com.

I think my computer just hates asia.toribash.com or something.
Last edited by Jsoh; Feb 8, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
I do not have windows live onecare, but the windows firewall for instance can 'ignore' selected programs entirely. Can you connect anywhere else on irc? If not, you should try putting the program to ignore and trying again.
What what? In the butt.
I can connect to other servers, yes. I've successfully connected to irc.quakenet.org. And other common IRC servers. That's why my problem is so strange. I have no need to port forward since I'm using dialup with no router.