Ranking
I AM A GIANT DOUCHEBAG
Last edited by boStaff; Aug 26, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
No. They both suck.

Taroni - Your vector self looks like he ate melted chocolate and managed to smear it around his eyes too. Seriously, look at that extreme change in brightness! Madness!
Hair looks like he's wearing lots of tiny tiny traffic cones or something. Why is the hair so static? More flow and more life.
Black lines
What is that extremely out of place huge chunk of white on the shoulder?

Chicken89: Lines. What made you think that many lines would look good?
Sure you could go for 'that' style. But then you'd have to change line thickness from time to time. I mean you have the same fucking line thickness throughout the whole thing!
Every single shadow is wrong.

nah... beside that is far from being finished and most of the lines i made where deleted little by little... shadows and hlights need a change of colors but arent wrong at all.
and taroni did well.. the only thing i dont like in his work is that he lost some important facial feature in the process.

Btw.... Freelancer. I would like to see how you manage to vectorize this portrait.
Last edited by Chikin; Aug 25, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Freelancer. I would like to see how you manage to vectorize this portrait too.
You say's about our works some like "suck", show me not "suck" work.

Chicken looks like you use programm traccing and then edit to result?

And yeah , it's my first try to vectorise photo. Next works must be a better=)
Last edited by Taroni; Aug 25, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Originally Posted by Taroni View Post
Freelancer. I would like to see how you manage to vectorize this portrait too.
You say's about our works some like "suck", show me not "suck" work.

Chicken looks like you use programm traccing and then edit to result?

And yeah , it's my first try to vectorise photo. Next works must be a better=)

Nope... actually the autotrace in cs5 sucks pretty bad... I use to trace things my own... with patience and a pen or pencil tool. :=3 and a mouse.
the autotrace actually trim everything... soo there is no layers but a big puzzle.. It's also quite annoying to edit such things.. so I rather trace everything manually.
jesus christ freelancer you are literally the worst poster on this board

anyway, i'm pretty sure you traced this

tracing aint cool
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
jesus christ freelancer you are literally the worst poster on this board

anyway, i'm pretty sure you traced this

tracing aint cool

But tracing is one of the pillars of graphic design.
Immagine if you have to draw the Brooklyn Bridge from a certain angle and make it realistyic. Of vector a pair of lips for a lipstick commercial poster.
tracing is good and totally needed.
Perhaps, Instead, the live tracing should be avoided...
Tracing ain't cool if you use copyrighted work without permission.

If we exclude that^
This
Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
But tracing is one of the pillars of graphic design.
Immagine if you have to draw the Brooklyn Bridge from a certain angle and make it realistyic. Of vector a pair of lips for a lipstick commercial poster.
tracing is good and totally needed.
Perhaps, Instead, the live tracing should be avoided...

Taroni's piece is a Vexel btw, as it is not made in a vector based program, such as Adobe
Illustrator. And the portrait isn't bad, you just have to work on softer colors, there's too much contrast in your portrait.
And you'll also have to work on your lines, use more time with the pen-tool, get smooth, delicious lines. It REALLY makes a difference.

Live trace sucks balls.
Not sure if anyone mentioned the eyes but I don't particularly like that bit.
You made them way too dark making yourself look like a drug dealer, no offence :P
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Tracing ain't cool if you use copyrighted work without permission.

If we exclude that^
This

Taroni's piece is a Vexel btw, as it is not made in a vector based program, such as Adobe
Illustrator. And the portrait isn't bad, you just have to work on softer colors, there's too much contrast in your portrait.
And you'll also have to work on your lines, use more time with the pen-tool, get smooth, delicious lines. It REALLY makes a difference.

Live trace sucks balls.

I think live trace can actually be used for simplify someone's work (and this is also what is designed for...) feel no shame in use it... it can also help to achieve some sorta of effects that made "by hands" takes an eternity.

and generally using any copyrighted stuff without permission is bad! and also ILLEGAL into some range.
Last edited by Chikin; Aug 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM.