Toribash
DO YOU THINK I HAVE FORGOTTEN THIS PLACE?

I HAVE NOT

HATEBOMB GOT PRETTIER

GROO LIKES CHEESE DIP

SEAMAN OF THE SEVEN SEAS

DARK RAINY PAINTY SCENE THING

HORSING AROUND

THE TERRIBLE WIENERDRAGON

I'll spare you the lesser doodles, since this thread is for the painty things.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I really enjoing your style! Some pictures looks outstanding and pretty funny!
I'm not best critic at all, but here is some deals:

1) You need to start to attend to details. Some your works look empty and even borring sometimes.

2) Try to use references, like photo of landscapes, human or animal anathomy and etc. Even THESE kind of pictures works well.

3) Color paletters are very usefull! Try use them too! Here some links which helps you a lot:
https://kuler.adobe.com/explore/most-popular/?time=all
http://chromaa.tumblr.com/

Also, I've got a question: do you use tablet when drawing?
Last edited by CroKO; Jun 4, 2014 at 04:48 PM.
Oh man, i have to respond properly now. :v
Yes, i do use a tablet, although i'm painfully aware of the fact that it's not very obvious. My hands are fairly unsteady (hence why i don't do much sniping in video games either), and nailing the right lines is annoyingly difficult, so i have to use lots of little strokes to make up for that.

Also, re: criticism:

1) I agree, it annoys me as well. Details and textures don't click in my head yet, but i guess they won't ever if i don't try. The biggest problem is that details take a long time, and i'm not the most patient person ever.

2) I'm kind of an idiot about references, because i don't want to be dependent on them, nor do i want my own stuff to be deriative of other works. I do take references when i need to practice something (HAAAAAAAAAAAANDS), but for the most part, i like to find my own way of drawing things. I know this is a horribly inefficient approach, but it's the one i like. (notable exception: i have NO idea how to draw landscapes, and will need to study that further)

3) Fancy colour palettes, thanks! Although a bit of the same as above also applies here; i'd like to be able to pull my own colour palettes out of my arse, as opposed to seeking out ones from the internet. Then again, nothing wrong with doing colour study this way, since my understanding of colours is pretty weak. :P

You are definitely highlighting the three main weak points in my doodling, and i'm genuinely surprised that they're not highlighted more often, given how glaring they actually are. Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. c:

@AlphasoniK: Aw shoot heck. <3
The fishy painting is probably one of my favourites so far, it displays the least amount of fundamental flaws (i think) out of all these things. That, and eyebrows. Sweet delicious eyebrows.
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
2) I'm kind of an idiot about references, because i don't want to be dependent on them, nor do i want my own stuff to be deriative of other works. I do take references when i need to practice something (HAAAAAAAAAAAANDS), but for the most part, i like to find my own way of drawing things. I know this is a horribly inefficient approach, but it's the one i like. (notable exception: i have NO idea how to draw landscapes, and will need to study that further)

I understand what you don't want to getting dependent on references, but it's really great feature
"You can use a reference, there's nothing bad about looking at stuff you are not certain of how they look like" - Neru
Yup. :v
Originally Posted by CroKO View Post
I understand what you don't want to getting dependent on references, but it's really great feature
"You can use a reference, there's nothing bad about looking at stuff you are not certain of how they look like" - Neru

Good point, actually. It's better to take a look at things than just sit here and guess. After i have looked, i can then find my own way of drawing things. :U
Originally Posted by Shook View Post

SO MANLY

HES SO MANLY

i notice in some parts of your paintings you get really lazy
i dont do this so if thats good then keep doing that
uhmwhat

But yes, i do get lazy pretty often. I think KINGLY LIZARD KING is one of the only paintings where i didn't get lazy before the very end of it... Not that it shows a lot, but hey. :v

also today was all about them material studies so i can make more than clay

I am almost okay with the metal one, although i think i overdid the ambient reflections somewhat. And also cocked up the shadow, but that's just laziness striking once again.