Toribash
I think I need to step up my Dudley game, I'm not tipping my fedora hard enough.

But seriously I only know how to combo jabs and use EX machine gun punches into ultra or that dashing low uppercut thingo that I can only hit 20% of the time. When I get out of lectures I might take a look at some combos, but if anyone has any tips to share I'm all ears.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a mini 10K tourney or money-match if anyone's interested. There was a good turn out last night so I think we're about ready to start getting people salty as hell.
collect snots from the nose
had some good games with ed, faint, sigmaphi and gynx and some good(?) getting murdered by bish, mwah, chuck and MP. Decided to remap my buttons so I use LB/LT for heavys and RB/RT for triples. I wasn't landing ultras reliably and I get really focused on landing them because they are so hype.

Also if we do a tourney of some kind I think we should have 2 seperate brackets, it's pretty obvious if someone like mwah or ishi fights someone like faint, gynx or myself they are gonna come out on top 49 times out of 50. For the sake of fairness and enjoyment for the new players I think dividing it up is our best bet. I'll see if I can get an expression of interest from the more experienced sf players and we'll decide if it's worth it.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
i think my favourite match so far was my rolento against faints cody where i pushed him off the knife at the start and sat on it the entire game eating dirt damage until i was about half health and then i 100-0'd him with twirls and finished him with the ultra

rolento is fun
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
i think my favourite match so far was my rolento against faints cody where i pushed him off the knife at the start and sat on it the entire game eating dirt damage until i was about half health and then i 100-0'd him with twirls and finished him with the ultra

rolento is fun

the knife defense game was real, i literally half hp'ed you with rocks and then you ended up destroying me LOL

also phail giving everyone ebola with the dhalsim headbutt

money matches sound fun though, even if i'd get raped they still sound like a good time
key to Rolento is the knife game, no other tactic works.
-----
Originally Posted by phail View Post
had some good games with ed, faint, sigmaphi and gynx and some good(?) getting murdered by bish, mwah, chuck and MP. Decided to remap my buttons so I use LB/LT for heavys and RB/RT for triples. I wasn't landing ultras reliably and I get really focused on landing them because they are so hype.

Also if we do a tourney of some kind I think we should have 2 seperate brackets, it's pretty obvious if someone like mwah or ishi fights someone like faint, gynx or myself they are gonna come out on top 49 times out of 50. For the sake of fairness and enjoyment for the new players I think dividing it up is our best bet. I'll see if I can get an expression of interest from the more experienced sf players and we'll decide if it's worth it.

also yeah, that's fair. I'll donate 100k to the shitters bracket.
Last edited by ed; Nov 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

So as far as brackets go, would this sound reasonable?

Upper bracket:

• Mwah
  • ManlyPotato
  • Chuck
  • Bishop
  • Rittu
  • Ishi

Lower bracket:

• Gynx
  • Rai
  • Sid
  • Oracle
  • Phail
  • Faint
  • SigmaPhi
  • Ed

Matches would obviously be randomised within the brackets and then you'd just play them like a standard tournament. I'm more than happy to chip in on the prize pool but we could make this interesting and place bets, etc.

Any thoughts on rules?

I suggest having best of 3 matches (9 rounds maximum) as the format when playing eachother, best of 1 is what we're all currently playing but that doesn't feel right for a mini-tournament. Also, are we going to go through with the "max 3 character pool" rule? I think it would be fun but if you all don't agree then I'm happy to drop it.
collect snots from the nose
I dunno I'd do something like this. Each person bans two people for the other person. And then they can play whatever. Wudda think?

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
So as far as brackets go, would this sound reasonable?

Upper bracket:

• Mwah
  • ManlyPotato
  • Chuck
  • Bishop
  • Rittu
  • Ishi

Lower bracket:

• Gynx
  • Rai
  • Sid
  • Oracle
  • Phail
  • Faint
  • SigmaPhi
  • Ed

Matches would obviously be randomised within the brackets and then you'd just play them like a standard tournament. I'm more than happy to chip in on the prize pool but we could make this interesting and place bets, etc.

Any thoughts on rules?

I suggest having best of 3 matches (9 rounds maximum) as the format when playing eachother, best of 1 is what we're all currently playing but that doesn't feel right for a mini-tournament. Also, are we going to go through with the "max 3 character pool" rule? I think it would be fun but if you all don't agree then I'm happy to drop it.

I dunno, bish is just going to win all of them :U
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by ed View Post
I dunno I'd do something like this. Each person bans two people for the other person. And then they can play whatever. Wudda think?

Bans are too powerful. Let's face it, most of the lower group only know one or two people and have working knowledge on maybe three or four others at best. Plus it ain't as fun when your baby just gets banned out every game because everyone knows that's your thing.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Hi
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
But seriously I only know how to combo jabs and use EX machine gun punches into ultra or that dashing low uppercut thingo that I can only hit 20% of the time. When I get out of lectures I might take a look at some combos, but if anyone has any tips to share I'm all ears.

If you get how canceling normals into special attacks work, you can combo into lots of stuff off of standing heavy kick. With meter you'd usually want to do standing heavy kick cancel ex machinegunblow and then a followup (we played the other day right? you got the ducking upper juggle once or twice so you get the idea.) If you don't have meter usually I'd go for standing heavy kick cancel heavy uppercut, it's still hella damage and pretty easy. If you don't get how canceling works, you should look that up, it's really important but not that hard with a little practice.

Dudley can do insane damage with the more complicated combos, but you'd rather land decent punishes a hundred times than max damage once or twice, so start simple.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
hugo stuff

Generally speaking, most characters can't cancel into grabs like hugos 360 or abels scoop. For linking stuff after clap, it's actually easiest to do after heavy clap, and thats the simplest one to do setups with on knockdown. Also, learning how to do crouching light kick cancel lariat is pretty great since it forces people to block low.
Originally Posted by ManlyPotato View Post
I dunno, bish is just going to win all of them :U

Rittu is definitely better than me. I'd probably just watch if you guys do any tournament stuff though.

Banning characters isn't a good call for fighting games in my opinion unless there is something seriously broken in the game

Also yeah if anyone has any questions about the game, everyone that you guys listed as being good in that bracket thing hangs out in #hi a lot. I like showing people stuff so you can ask there whenever any of us are around probably. E: oh there's an irc channel, I'll try and show up there too
oh yeah