Ranking
Original Post
Pantera
Anyone like Pantera?

Pantera was an American heavy metal band from Arlington, Texas, formed by the Abbott brothers, Vinnie Paul (drums) and "Dimebag" Darrell (guitar), then known as Diamond Darrell, in 1981. Bassist Rex Brown would join in 1982 and in 1987 Phil Anselmo would become the group's lead vocalist, completing the band's most successful lineup that would remain together for 16 years.

In 2001, the band went on hiatus and was never able to successfully reunite, with the Abbott brothers unable to communicate with Anselmo, who was immersed in several side-projects, chiefly Down and Superjoint Ritual. Pantera officially disbanded in 2003 and a war of words ensued, with Phil and Vinnie Paul trading inflammatory comments and blaming one another for the break-up of Pantera via the media. Any hope of the band members ever reconciling their differences and possibly reuniting was lost in 2004, when "Dimebag" Darrell was shot and killed on-stage at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio by a mentally ill man named Nathan Gale while performing with Vinnie and his new band, Damageplan.

R.I.P Dimebag!
Last edited by Slith; Jun 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
I love Pantera.

Cowboys from Hell and Cemetary Gates remain two of my favourite songs. It's really a pity that Dimebag was killed as he had a great future ahead of him and I have no doubt Pantera would still be successful and together again if he was still alive.
Tre!
I used to listen to heaps of Pantera.

That "Walk" song. I think that's what it's called, can't remember.

Yeah that's a great song.
lol
Yup. Favourite songs are 'Heresy', 'Suicide Note Part 1' and 'The Art of Shredding'.

Best album being Cowboys from Hell.
Anything from Pantera is great! I've really been digging Thrash Metal lately.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.