Toribash
Original Post
toribash-linux-2.63
Hi i don't know if I missed something with regard to the new release but as of 2.63 toribash no longer runs on my system although all the old releases for linux still run fine when i try em.Any thoughts?
Thanks...
In a terminal, run ./toribash_ubuntu

It should spit out any errors it comes accross.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
You don't have to run in terminal. Chmod +x toribash_ubuntu

then double click the icon?
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
I'm telling him how to find out the problem.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
I found the problem (I was being lazy not running it from the prompt, i just updated my shortcut) this is the error:
./toribash_ubuntu: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./toribash_ubuntu)
strange thing is that I have installed it previously to get all the other versions working. Thanks for the quick replies though. I'll try getting it going again and post when I'm done.
Hmm.

I've always found the Linux installation quite straight forward. Make sure I have all the required libs that are mentioned in the readme/install file. Once I have them I may need to chmod toribash_ubuntu and I can open the game by clicking the icon. Never really had a problem.

You mentioned that previous versions worked. You probably uninstalled something which got rid of GLIB and you didn't notice.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Hey Veb, I've checked that Glib version 2.4 is installed and everything...its all installed fine, (I can run all the old versions still) so I don't know why its complaining.
What I think the problem is is that the old releases had 2 executables tbd_ubuntu and toribash_ubuntu. I use the former in the older releases so I don't know what the difference is between the 2. In my error message it refers to the path and file /lib/tls/libc.so.6 which is still there. So to my mind the problem is the other executable not being there.I'll mess around some more, but as you said, it is quite easy to install the files for toribash to run so i can't see it being anything else.
Hi smeebob,

I checked on the Linux I'm using to compile and run Toribash:

Go to your package manager, and check if you have the latest versions of the following packages:

libc6 (Ubuntu has version 2.5)
libc6-dev (I'm not sure u need it to RUN, but it doesn't hurt to have)
libc6-i686 (same as above)

I also have on Ubuntu:

libglib1.2
libglib2.0-0

Make sure you've got the latest version of those.

Good luck !
Hey Stilf I'm running Suse 9.3 and not Ubuntu but thanks for the input. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to find a similar rpms but it seems as if I have previously installed all the correct files for toribash. I'm getting ready to try anything I guess