Endurance Onslaught 6.0
"Good music" is a very relative term.

In fact, I don't believe in such a thing as "good music". Because of bullshit like recording contracts and genres, we get music that is tailored for specific business, not musicality. Music I write isn't tied to any sort of specific genre (although I like to give it the [very large] umbrella genre of "electronic") and it doesn't have to follow the guidelines of a recording contract. Therefore, I think *my* music is good. I also think any music people make from their heart is good music. Anything that has soul, or requires the blood sweat and tears of the artist is good music.

19:08 <@Cevius[Work]> MADE UP SWEARWORDS. GO. STARTING WITH COCKSNAP
19:08 <@SlainVeteran> FINNISH
When you can almost taste the creativity of the artist. IE where the artist actually put some soul into the song. Although I pretty much null that statement as I love crap like eurobeat and europop. Fuck yeah Dan Balan, etc.

I'm also a sucker for build-ups and awesome choruses, as well as strong beats and/or good drumming. It all depends on what genre I'm listening to, I guess.
Last edited by dalir; Jul 19, 2009 at 11:37 PM.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
It really depends on the genre for me, I mean, genres are different... Wouldn't the definition of what makes a good song change?
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
"Good song"? Very relative. If a person is a true artist, they put blood, sweat and tears doing what they do best, and that's a good song.

boaf pretty much summed up what I think about this.
I'd say.
All it takes is dedication to music.
And play teh music you like. You play what you like and alot of people could also like what you like.
You play country, people that like country will listen too you.
You play rock, people that like rock will listen to you.
It just depends on who's listening to it.
Some people are being idiots (imo) and say michael jackson is a fag
when i think he was a great artist
I have to say that to me, a good song is one that either blows me away with sheer brutality, themes, lyrics or the whole feel of it. Things that take skill. No fucking pig squeals or insane voice distortion. I like to understand what I am listening to. I love some happy, feel good songs like Smash Mouth's 'Astro Lounge' album, and I love some insanely brutal and depressing albums, like Gojira's 'The Way Of All Flesh', just for the issues it talks about.
infamous
For me. It's how the Vocals, Lyrics, Riffs, Bass, and drums go together. Like if they have a kick ass beat going like on the first 1:20 seconds sound so bad ass on this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejM_JUwZQE

Or the coolness of the first 52 seconds of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oExto6SuY

Yeah, what makes a good song is where each instrument needs each other especially for intros because some of them just kick ass like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx47z8evDkQ
Elements of good music:
1) Audible music (An example of inaudible music T0ribush ^)
2) Good Singer (Somone who can sing well, a bad singer can ruin the whole band) or no Singer and good band members.
3) A good Jam, or groove
4) Some weed