Toribash
Original Post
Guns N' Roses
Your thoughts on the attention whoring, brilliant musicians?

And don't make "axl is a cunt i luv slash" comments. If people wanted to read idiotic comments they would go to youtube.

Lets discuss their music, both back in the day, and in the "new" guns =)

and vids for justice!

and the "new guns"

Last edited by H4rl3quin; Jul 29, 2009 at 02:36 AM.
Slash is okay, but Buckethead was better for the stage. I liked what Buckethead did with the solo on Nightrain. Don't really like Guns 'N Roses all that much anyway because of the vocals and the ballads. The vocals are alright at times though. Sweet Child 'O Mine also has the best solo Slash has ever made. Then the newer Guns N' Roses fell off the map, then the retarded spin off slash with Velvet Revolver or whatever. They went down the tubes right into the sewage to never be found again.
Last edited by Conjurer; Jul 29, 2009 at 02:35 AM.
Maybe the most overrated artist ever. They started out sounding like every other useless 80s hair metal band, made G'N'R Lies, one of the worst albums ever, and then ended up bloated and useless, sticking to tired power ballads when groups like Massive Effect were forming the future of real music with songs like this

Truly overrated, yes, but i don't think that kills their credibility as a band. Axl has a great presence, and the vocals may be love or hate - but they're certainly good, and can't be criticised over musical ability - they've done a whole range of sounds over the course of time, from strip club music in "since I don't have you", to stuff like "Paradise City", which is a whole different style.
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
Truly overrated, yes, but i don't think that kills their credibility as a band. Axl has a great presence, and the vocals may be love or hate - but they're certainly good, and can't be criticised over musical ability

They aren't good. He has a high pitched nasally whine, like Dylan if Dylan was a retard.
Sweet Child O' Mine is my, and my mother's favourite song. I am deadly serious. Everything else I like she hates, except for this song.
Tre!
Appetite for Destruction is an awesome album. Rest of their records are mostly crap. But Appetite is great.

EDIT: Think about you would actually rate pretty high if I made a list of the best rock songs.
Last edited by DaBandito; Aug 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

New Guns just sounds wrong to me, it just doesn't have the same feel.

Though I was listening to Chinese Democracy recently and Catcher in the Rye suckered me in with its intro.
User was infracted for this signature. (Useless signature)
axl is a cunt i luv slash

But really, their music is alright. I did like appetite for destruction, but everything else kinda sucked.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well