Toribash
Original Post
Jack White; The White Stripes; The Raconteurs; The Dead Weather
I think Jack White is probably one of the best musicians around currently. Anyone care to agree, disagree?

Ohyeh.
He acts too.
He was in Walk Hard as Elvis, and Cold Mountain as some dude.
Last edited by evets; Jul 29, 2009 at 03:02 AM.
he's a cool musician. I've got to say that i loved the "stripped", simplistic sound of the white stripes, and then he goes and he's got another brilliant sound in the raconteurs and Dead weather.
The White Stripes
The Black Keys
The Blasters
The Detroit Cobras
The DirtBombs
The Fratellis
The Hives
The Killers
The Ponys
The Subways
and many, many, many, many more. I have nothing against these bands ,BUT! The fact that they all of "The" in their band names make it generic and pretty annoying because you would be saying the a lot if you like this kind of music. Could they get any less inventive with the bands name?
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
The White Stripes
The Black Keys
The Blasters
The Detroit Cobras
The DirtBombs
The Fratellis
The Hives
The Killers
The Ponys
The Subways
and many, many, many, many more. I have nothing against these bands ,BUT! The fact that they all of "The" in their band names make it generic and pretty annoying because you would be saying the a lot if you like this kind of music. Could they get any less inventive with the bands name?

Eh.
I think White Stripes is a creative name.
Do you know what a Raconteur is?
Dead Weather sounds awesome to me.
A story teller? Dead Weather does sound cool. I'm just saying bands should drop the "The" in their name if they are thinking to make one.
Like Gorgoroth, Nuclear Assault, Pestilence, and more. I think bands sound cooler with out it and are able make better band names as well.