Toribash
Original Post
Results of my first few tries..
So, after I downloaded yesterday I wanted to try out a few thing.. Well, just watch these.

Also, please tell me where I could work on to make it work faster, or make it look cooler. Because now everything looks lame.. I really do need to work alot on this..

Before I forget, still two things. Can anybody help to stand up? I'm always just bouncing around as soon as I lose the .. err... balance.. and I know I suck at making names, so forgive. Supahcombo isn't really a supercombo..
Attached Files
awesome.rpl (32.7 KB, 26 views)
first kick-punch.rpl (37.9 KB, 24 views)
graduation.rpl (27.3 KB, 17 views)
slap.rpl (29.8 KB, 23 views)
supahcombo.rpl (49.1 KB, 15 views)
try to relax more for the cool and fast part

try to make your moves more fluent

i edited one to show you what i mean
Attached Files
slap-edit.rpl (43.5 KB, 30 views)
Last edited by Trippinbob; Aug 18, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Thanks, I'll try. How can you edit somebody's moves? Did you just look at what I made and do the same thing for the joints, or is there a command I don't know about yet?
You can edit replays by pressing e.
I'd suggest for you to move your chest more often. You can get a lot of power out of it and it stops you from making symmetrical moves. Symmetrical moves are just reducing the joints you can use, why would you want that?
Also you are using only the change of one joint state to attack, like extending knee to kick.
Experienced players use their whole body to attack. When I kick Uke I'm changing a lot of joints before the impact. Try shifting all your body in one direction and then in the other to build up momentum. Similar to your slap replay. If you use more joints you can move on with powerful attacks from that position.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Whilst watching any replay you can press 'e' and you can edit the moves.

And with making it look faster or 'cooler', it's not going to happen overnight. A good way to learn is to look at other people's replays in the Replays section of the forum, it will help you see which joints produce what kind of movements and so on.

The most important thing is to keep playing around with your Tori, it's how most people improve. When you feel you're ready, before doing anything at the start of a single player game, don't hit 'c' to hold all. See if you can stay up or generate any moves whilst relaxing all the joints you aren't using, or just try to use more joints in total.

Hope I have been of some assistance

Edit: Nice timing Nuthug ._.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
And you should try to be more accurate with your advices =/
When exactly and what is he supposed to relax? And how is he supposed to dismember more?
If you don't know the answers to these questions you should probably give no advices. Telling someone to dismember more isn't helpful at all.

Like my stuff?
try to use ur pec, chest, and elbow to gain momentum heres an example
Attached Files
boomhit.attempt.4.rpl (46.6 KB, 13 views)
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
The sole reason you can get the same boom while extending your pec denies your example of pec chest elbow combination.
That pec wasn't helpful.
Again:
This board is not made for showcasing replays in front of beginners. If you want to help them don't post something useless and attach a replay. Look at their replay and tell them when they do mistakes, and which mistakes.

Like my stuff?