Ranking
wow thats great 10/10. ever heard of zbrush i think it would really suite you its a awesome 3d modeling program
VIBE
Zbrush doesn't have voxels... although I have heard ZSpheres 2 is really awesome for character design. However it costs 600$ and 3d Coat is only 200$ (if I buy it before the trial runs out).
This has absolutely zero artistic quality, enough technical showcases, this board is for ART.

0/10
Last edited by Stonewall; Aug 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM.
Ah well Read This. You see... Unless it's declared as a WIP most people here assume that what you post is the final. This has a lot of potential, possibly with some texturing, making a background, breaking up the shape into multiple objects, fine coloring. What I'd suggest is to break up the arm and the legs into sleeves (It looks like you were going to do that anyway.), add a chain-glove like texture to the hands, along with a break to show where the hands end. Fill the little holes with glow spots, steelify the shoes, along with the plates on the armor. I'd Imagine this with a color scheme of silver, dark-blue, and white glow spots. Basically make sure you put [WIP][Voxel Script] if you're not done with the project. Which it looks like you aren't.

As a WIP, this gets a 8/10 as a final this gets a 3/10.

Stonewall don't you think 0/10 is a bit to extreme? I mean this doesn't look like it was made in just one sit-down.

(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
This has absolutely zero artistic quality, I'm sick of your technical showcases, brag about your software bullshit in some other forum. This is for ART.

0/10

zero? ahhhm... it IS art so... this obviously has some. not a fan of the looks but obviously creativity and hard work was put into it.

make a sculpture like that and tell me its not art
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
This has absolutely zero artistic quality, I'm sick of your technical showcases, brag about your software bullshit in some other forum. This is for ART.

0/10

Christ, I've only had it for two days, and it's the demo, I'm not bragging that I bought it. I say art is how much work you put into it, but I don't see you flaming all the crappier stuff in this board. I don't think I can retaliate further, as you're an admin...
Last edited by FoodEater; Aug 20, 2009 at 12:37 AM.
Don't hesitate to argue your point, I won't ban you for disagreeing with me. The bottom line is, you're posting this as a tech demo.

Originally Posted by FoodEater View Post
I used 3d coat to make this. I love the voxel feature. No topology restrictions whatsoever.

I love all the artistic relevancy you failed to mention, and even more so all of the technical advantages you were so quick to detail. This thread is a technical showcase of how you're now using voxels. That does not qualify as art, not good or bad, just simply not art.

Also, remember, I'm not trying to tell you to stop doing 3d because you suck, I'm telling you to take it further! Take your technical abilities, add art direction, and produce a masterpiece. What you're doing is only half the battle, and in itself, it's not much.
Last edited by Stonewall; Aug 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
So, you're saying I shouldn't have included that sentence at all. And that a sculpture by itself is not art? Just asking because I've got a muscular dog with more anatomical-correctness now that I used a reference, but by itself you'd just flame me again?